If you’re receiving Kansas food stamps, you could qualify for other helpful programs as well (including free Internet service)!
Get admission discounts!
Please note that the museums with green titles are Museums for All participants. These venues accept EBT cards from all 50 states, so you don’t have to be a California resident to get these great deals!
Kansas Children’s Discovery Center – $3
The Kansas Children’s Discovery center features multiple galleries for children to explore. They can get messy in the art gallery, construct creations in the building gallery, and explore careers in the career gallery. Science and money have their own exhibits, too. My favorite? The Flo-Graphix display where children use florescent geometric shapes and black lights to create awesome works of art!
Families with an EBT card can receive admission for just $3. Up to 6 people may be admitted for this discounted rate.
Did you know your Kansas food stamps card could be used here?!
Several of our visitors have pointed out that Kansas EBT cards have even more uses, too! Check out these interesting statewide benefits.
- Farmer’s Markets can also accept EBT cards. Some even participate in a Double Up Food Bucks program that will help you get twice as much food for your money! You could get $25 in FREE produce through this program.
- Organic delivery services run by local farms can also accept EBT. Since the full-share price of a CSA can be daunting and cost-prohibitive, the fact they accept EBT allows low-income families to participate in CSA programs. Membership fees cannot be paid with EBT, but the actual produce cost can.
- Costco also accepts EBT benefits.
- Schwans Trucks also accept EBT benefits as payment for food, but the delivery fee must be paid with another payment method.
Got Kansas EBT?
You might qualify for these, too!
- Free Internet
- Free cell phone
- Weatherization Assistance
- Cheap spay/neuter services
- Help with energy costs
- Subsidized child care
- Up to 75% off prescriptions
- Discounted YMCA Memberships
- Pro bono legal services
- Free/cheap health care and dental care
- Half-price Membership to Overland Park Community Centers
- Recreation program scholarships from Olathe Parks
- Summer Food Service programs
You can also use your Kansas food stamps benefits to buy these items:
- Seeds! EBT cards can buy fruit trees and vegetable seeds for gardening.
- Hot deli food that has been packaged and placed in the refrigerated section for easy reheating..
- Energy Drinks! If the drink has a nutrition facts label, it can be purchased with EBT. Drinks with a “supplement facts” label are not eligible because the FDA considers them supplements, not food.
- Live lobsters and other shellfish that you will eat.
- Pumpkins that are edible and not just ornamental.
- Birthday and other specially decorated cakes as long as the non-edible decorations do not exceed 50% of the purchase price of the cake.
- Gift baskets! Your EBT benefits can even help you purchase gifts for holidays such as Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas (including pre-filled holiday stockings and tins) as long as the food value exceeds the non-food value. For example, the federal SNAP website indicates that a stuffed holiday bear holding a small box of chocolate would NOT be eligible because the value of the bear exceeds the value of the food. However, a gift basket with snack foods or candy and a small toy would be eligible because the food clearly accounts for more than 50% of the purchase price.