If you’re receiving Missouri food stamps, you could qualify for other helpful programs as well (including free Internet service)! Check out our list of Missouri EBT benefits below.
This post is for Missouri only.
To view EBT benefits for another state,
click the button below!
Museum of Art & Archaeology – $3 or less
Located on the University of Missouri campus in Columbia, the Museum of Art & Archaeology features extensive collections of Greek, Roman and Near Eastern art and artifacts. Rotating exhibits are also displayed here.
I’m 99% sure this museum is FREE for EBT cardholders. I have reached out to the museum to confirm and I’m awaiting a response. As a Museums for All partner, admission will definitely be $3 or less per person.
Got Missouri EBT?
Take FREE college courses!
In February 2017, news station KY3 reported that Ozarks Technical Community College was offering free courses through the SkillUp Missouri program. This program provides training tuition to food stamps recipients. You can take classes FREE for certificates or college credit!
The courses must be for a high-demand field like CNA, pharmacy techs, medical coding, allied health or chemo dialysis.
The Missouri Job Center will help with babysitting, transportation or other things that you may need in order to take advantage of this program.
You might qualify for these, too!
- Free Internet
- Help buying pet food or paying for veterinary care
- Summer Food Service programs
- Free cell phone
- Discounted utility bills
- Subsidized child care
- Up to 75% off prescriptions
Did you know your Missouri food stamps card
could be used here?!
Several of our visitors have pointed out that Missouri EBT cards have even more uses, too! Check out these interesting statewide benefits.
- Discount food markets
- Farmer’s Markets can also accept EBT cards. Watch out for the “SNAP 2 It!” double-dollars program that will help you get twice as much food for your money!
- Organic delivery services run by community-supported agriculture programs may also accept EBT.
- You-pick strawberry locations
- Costco also accepts EBT benefits.
You can also use your Missouri food stamps
benefits to buy these items:
- Seeds! EBT cards can buy fruit trees and vegetable seeds for gardening.
- Hot deli food that has been packaged and placed in the refrigerated section for easy reheating..
- Energy Drinks! If the drink has a nutrition facts label, it’s considered a food item. Drinks with a “supplement facts” label are not eligible because the FDA considers them supplements, not food.
- Live lobsters and other shellfish that you will eat.
- Pumpkins that are edible and not just ornamental.
- Birthday and other specially decorated cakes as long as the non-edible decorations do not exceed 50% of the purchase price of the cake.
- Gift baskets! Your EBT benefits can even help you purchase gifts for holidays such as Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas (including pre-filled holiday stockings and tins) as long as the food value exceeds the non-food value. For example, the federal SNAP website indicates that a stuffed holiday bear holding a small box of chocolate would NOT be eligible because the value of the bear exceeds the value of the food. However, a gift basket with snack foods or candy and a small toy would be eligible because the food clearly accounts for more than 50% of the purchase price.