In South Carolina, an EBT card can do so much more than just buy food. Use your SC food stamps to get cheap admission to several museums, free internet service and so much more! Keep reading for details – you don’t want to miss this excellent SC food stamps deals!
Please note that the museums with green titles are Museums for All participants. These venues accept EBT cards from all 50 states, so you don’t have to be a South Carolina resident to get these great deals!
Get admission discounts with your SC food stamps card!
For your convenience, we’ve organized our free and discounted museum admission list alphabetically by city.
Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry – $1 per family
Explore the Children’s Museum, including the interactive water room and Art Room, for just $1 per family! Up to six people can enter the museum for just $1. That’s a fantastic and generous program that the museum offers through a partnership with Museums for All.
Other exhibits in the children’s museum include a medieval castle, fire truck, raceway, and kid’s garden. For more about the Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry, check out their website.
EdVenture Children’s Museum – $1 per person
Learn to love learning at EdVenture’s exciting, multi-floor children’s museum. From anatomy to veterinary care, from tinkering to backyard exploring, there are adventures for every interest. Learn more here.
Anyone who receives SC food stamps, WIC or Medicaid benefits can go to EdVenture for just $1 per person!
Upcountry History Museum – $3 per person
Present an EBT card and a valid photo ID to receive discounted admission for up to four people per EBT card. This museum is also a Blue Star Museum.
Find out more about the exhibits and programs offered by the museum on their website.
You can also get these freebies and deals!
If you receive SC food stamps, you may also be eligible for these great programs:
- $2 balcony tickets to the SC Philharmonic on certain dates (limit 6 seats per EBT card)
- Discounts on YMCA memberships. Contact your local YMCA for more information about their financial aid programs.
- Help with pet expenses
- Free Internet
- Free cell phone & service
Your SC food stamps card can also do this!
It’s easy to be confused about what you can and can’t buy with your SC food stamps benefits. However, we’ve found some interesting items that we thought couldn’t be purchased with food stamps… yet they can!
- Farmer’s Markets and community supported agriculture (CSA) programs can accept EBT. Some will even give you $5 in free produce!
- Starbucks! EBT can be used at Starbucks locations that are located inside a grocery store.
- Subway! EBT cards may be usable at Subway locations inside gas stations as long as the sandwich isn’t toasted. This isn’t always the case, but it has been possible on occasion.
- Schwan’s Trucks also accept EBT benefits. Order online, by phone or on the app. Please note that food stamps benefits will not cover the delivery charge. Make sure you can pay the delivery charge before you order! If you can’t pay the delivery charge, you will not be allowed to keep your order.
- Sam’s Club
- Papa Murphy’s
- Dollar Tree
You can also use your Nebraska food stamps benefits to buy these items:
- Hot deli food that has been packaged and refrigerated
- Energy drinks that have a nutrition facts label
- Live lobsters & shellfish
- Bakery-decorated birthday cakes
- Gift baskets that include food items
Read more about this on the federal SNAP website.