Got a Tennessee EBT card? You may also qualify for free internet, discounted veterinary care and more! Most people don’t realize just how many perks you can receive with a Tennessee EBT card… so we rounded them all up into this list!
This post is for Tennessee only.
To view EBT benefits for another state,
click the button below!
Creative Discovery Museum – $2 per person, up to 6 people
321 Chestnut St, Chattanooga, TN 37402
Hours vary by season
Over 200,000 people per year explore the hands-on, interactive exhibits at Chatanooga’s Creative Discovery Museum – and now, EBT recipients can explore it at a discount!
Since November 2015, the Creative Discovery Museum in Chattanooga has offered discounted admission for families with EBT cards. You must present your EBT card at the desk – but it can be an EBT card from ANY state! Tickets cannot be purchased online with this offer, however.
This museum also offers a Free Family Night on the second Thursday of each month.
Memphis Botanic Garden – FREE
750 Cherry Road Memphis, TN 38117
Open daily (9 am – 6pm)
Low income families may qualify for free access through the Regions Free Family Membership Program. This pass provides free admission for up to two adults and all children under 18 years old. Just show up with your EBT card to receive your membership! Thanks for the tip, East Memphis Moms!
Adventure Science Center – $25 per family per YEAR
800 Fort Negley Blvd., Nashville, TN 37203
Open daily (10am – 5pm)
The Adventure Science Center offers a mix of permanent and revolving exhibits that engage children and adults alike! Check out their offerings on their website.
The Adventure Science Center offers an Adventure Access program for low-income families. Families who qualify can purchase an annual general admission pass for just $25… and that gives the family admission for an entire year!
If you receive Tennessee EBT benefits, WIC or TANF and have a Tennessee-issued photo ID, you can qualify for this program. Email [email protected] for more information or apply at the guest services desk. Be sure to bring your documentation!
Tennessee EBT Recipients Can Get This, Too!
If you qualify for SNAP (EBT, food stamps) benefits in Tennessee, you may also qualify for:
- Free Internet
- Discount spay/neuter services
- Summer Food Service programs for children 18 years old and younger
- Help with heating expenses
- Dental Care
- Homebuyers Assistance
- Free cell phone
Did you know Tennessee EBT benefits are accepted here!
It’s easy to be confused about what you can and can’t buy with your Tennessee food stamps benefits. However, we’ve found some interesting items that we thought couldn’t be purchased with food stamps… yet they can!
- Farmer’s Markets, Community Supported Agriculture programs and agriculture co-ops can accept EBT. Jonesborough’s Farmer’s Market offers 50% off all EBT purchases up to $60, so you could receive up to $30 in free fresh produce! Other farmers markets have dollar-matching programs as well.
- Discount food retailers like Miller’s Xtreme Discount Grocery in Greenville provide more food at less cost!
- Starbucks! EBT can be used at Starbucks locations that are located inside a grocery store.
- Subway! EBT cards may be usable at Subway locations inside gas stations as long as the sandwich isn’t toasted. This isn’t always the case, but it has been possible on occasion.
- Schwan’s Trucks also accept EBT benefits. Order online, by phone or on the app. Please note that food stamps benefits will not cover the delivery charge. Make sure you can pay the delivery charge before you order! If you can’t pay the delivery charge, you will not be allowed to keep your order.
- Sam’s Club
- Papa Murphy
…and you can buy these items!
You can also use your EBT benefits to buy these items:
- Hot deli food that has been packaged and refrigerated
- Energy drinks that have a nutrition facts label
- Live lobsters & shellfish
- Bakery-decorated birthday cakes
- Gift baskets that include food items
Read more about this on the federal SNAP website.