Looking for free admission, free internet and other perks related to Wisconsin food stamps? A Wisconsin food stamps card can do so much more than buy groceries and give you cash benefits. It can also be used for discounted admission, growing a garden and so much more! Check out all the awesome and unadvertised Wisconsin food stamps perks we’ve discovered!
This post is for Wisconsin only.
To view EBT benefits for another state,
click the button below!
Northwoods Children’s Museum – $3 or less per person
Explore music, math, art, games, science, geography and reading at the Northwoods Children’s Museum! If you have an EBT card, you can visit this Museums for All partner for just $3 or less per person!
Children’s Museum of Eau Claire – $10 per family per year!
CMEC offers a discounted membership for qualifying families. The annual pass grants unlimited access to all exhibits, programs and special activities for up to two adults and all their children under age 18! Additional adults can be added for just $10 each. Members also receive discounts on birthday party packages, special event tickets and shop purchases.
To qualify, families must present valid ID, a complete application and one of the following:
- Dated EBT eligibility letter
- Military ID
- WIC card or dated folder
- Free or Reduced school lunch letter
Central Wisconsin Children’s Museum – $1 per person
Discounted admission to CWCM features many different exhibits and programs, including the Create-It! Art Room, Happy Teeth Dental Clinic, Good to Grow Grocery and more! View all their offerings by clicking here.
Wasau Children’s Museum – FREE!
Located in the Wasau mall, this museum offers free admission through the Museums for All program! Children up to age 12 will enjoy the daily sensory activities, play spaces, creative projects and more.
Got Wisconsin food stamps?
You may also qualify for this!
If you receive Wisconsin food stamps benefits, you may also be eligible for these great programs:
Did you know your Wisconsin food stamps card can also do this?!
It’s easy to be confused about what you can and can’t buy with your food stamps benefits. However, we’ve found some interesting items that we thought couldn’t be purchased with food stamps… yet they can!
- Farmer’s Markets
- Community Supported Agriculture programs
- Starbucks! EBT can be used at Starbucks locations that are located inside a grocery store.
- Subway! EBT cards may be usable at Subway locations inside gas stations as long as the sandwich isn’t toasted. This isn’t always the case, but it has been possible on occasion.
- Schwan’s Trucks also accept EBT benefits. Order online, by phone or on the app. Please note that food stamps benefits will not cover the delivery charge. Make sure you can pay the delivery charge before you order! If you can’t pay the delivery charge, you will not be allowed to keep your order.
- Sam’s Club
- Papa Murphy’s
- Dollar Tree
- Discount food sellers like Cedar Street Market and Discount Foods
You can also use your New York EBT benefits to buy these items:
- Hot deli food that has been packaged and refrigerated
- Energy drinks that have a nutrition facts label
- Live lobsters & shellfish
- Bakery-decorated birthday cakes
- Gift baskets that include food items
Read more about this on the federal SNAP website.
Thanks for visiting our post about Wisconsin food stamps!
If we’ve missed anything, please let us know in the comments below. 🙂