We are looking for content creators.
If you can write, photograph, illustrate, or make interesting videos, I’d love to hear from you. No professional experience? No problem! I’m not concerned with resumes, as long as you’re good at what you do.
I’ve been a professional author for over 15 years. Even though I’ve published a book and even been featured in publications like USA Today, I’ve also spent years working for pennies at content mills. I know how insulting it is to be paid pennies for your hard work… and then not even get a by-line, because you’re selling all the rights. It’s frustrating and it sucks.
I won’t do that to you. We have a two step process: write a guest post (with a byline)… and if I’m impressed, you’ll get offered the opportunity to become a paid contributor.
I need good content. This site is growing at a rate faster than I can accommodate on my own. I’m currently the only content creator here… and in the last two months (April and May 2016), our site was seen over 100,000 times. We’re getting tons of email subscribers to our weekly newsletters and the site is growing well. I’m very excited… but I can’t keep up by myself.
To accommodate your needs and the needs of our fledgling business, this is what I propose…
It starts with a guest post opportunity.
If you want to become a content contributor for LowIncomeRelief.com, the first step will be submitting a guest post. Show me your best stuff… and we’ll see where it goes from there.
Please be aware that I do not pay for guest submissions. Like the team at Mirasee, “we consider [guest posting] a fair exchange of value – guest posters provide us with content, and we provide feedback and an audience.”
Step One: Learn about LowIncomeRelief
Make sure you take a look around the site and get a feel for what we’re doing here. Our focus is on helping low income people live better. Our readers love free things. In fact, our most popular posts are about EBT card benefits and the amazing things you can do with a library card. You can see the stats for these posts below.
You’ll notice that most of my posts focus on the Pacific Northwest – especially western Washington – and it’s all written and mostly stock photography.
Although I’ll consider almost any submission, these are the things that I want most:
- Posts about other states/regions around the United States. I’ve got western Washington covered but I get readers from all over the country. Unfortunately, posts written about areas outside of the United States cannot be accepted at this time.
- Multimedia content. I would love to see some great (and relevant) photography, videos, infographics and illustrated content.
- Listicles, humor and other viral content. I am a researcher by nature and I can produce high-value content… but I’m not fond of creating lists and other shareable content. If you can create something unique, that is highly shareable and provides value to my audience, that would be fantastic.
Step Two: Submit Your Content
If you think you could create some great content for us, please send the following to jacomajot @ gmail.com:
- Author bio (include up to 3 links to your blog, Facebook, Twitter, whatever)
- Author photo (to include with your bio)
If you’re interested in becoming a regular contributor to our site, please include the following information as well:
- Location (state or region is fine)
- Desired pay rate (and whether it’s by word or submission)
- 5 titles you think would be a good fit for our site (just a headline and maybe a brief explanation)
Although this sounds easy, please be aware that not every submission will be selected for publication. I have a high standard for the material that I present on this site and I won’t accept just anything that I’m sent. It’s very important that the material you send be accurate, interesting, and well-researched. If necessary, I alter the headline or edit the content of any submissions that I choose to publish.
Here are some things you can do to improve your chances of selection:
- Cite your sources. I love sources – and the more you have, the better! I like to see at least three reliable sources per post.
- Include photos. If you’re writing an article and you include photos, I would very much appreciate it. Please make sure the photos you submit are not protected by copyright or anything like that.
- Be unique. If I can find content just like yours – or very similar to it – elsewhere, your content loses its value.
- Write a headline that people want to click on. Make sure your headlines are intriguing and relevant.
- Be helpful. Our goal is to help our readers live better on low incomes. Your content should always serve that purpose in some way.
Please note that content that includes plagiarism, swearing/foul language and anything inappropriate for minors will not be reviewed. This is a family friendly site.
Step Three: Await a Response
I intend to respond to each post personally, but there is a chance that I will receive more submissions than I can personally respond to. If that is the case, I will only notify those who are selected for publication.
If/when I notify you that your work has been selected for publication, I will send you a permalink for your post and a scheduled publication date.
…and if you’re really good, I might just send you an invitation to become a regular contributor.
You could be invited to become a regular contributor.
If your information is valuable and your content is good, you may be invited to become a regular contributor. The pay rate and frequency of contributions will be negotiated privately through email and will depend on your availability, content type and quality.
All contributors will be paid once monthly via PayPal. Funds will be transferred on or before the 5th of the month following the submission.
Our budget may limit how many people receive this contributor opportunity, so submit a guest post now!