Our site is ad-supported and this post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you complete a purchase using one of our links, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more about our editorial and advertising policies.
Got a K-12 student in your household? You may be eligible for discounted Internet service through Cox Communications’ Connect2Compete Program! There’s no deposit, no installation fees, no modem rental fees and no contracts with this program!
What does this program include?
For $9.95 per month, you’ll receive a free Wi-Fi modem and download speeds of at least 10 Mbps (and uploads of 1 Mbps!). As I said before, there are NO installation fees, NO deposits, NO modem rental fees and NO contracts. However, you will have to return the modem at the end of your enrollment or you’ll have to pay for it.
You’ll also be able to access over 400,000 Cox-affiliated Wi-Fi hotspots. For a map of the hotspots, please click here.
Once enrolled, you’ll receive this great price for at least two years but you can stay on the program longer.
Who qualifies for cheap Internet service from Cox Communications?
To qualify, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- A K-12 student must live in your home
- You must not have any debt to Cox Communications for previous bills or un-returned equipment. If you need to, you can pay off your debt or return your equipment before you enroll in the Connect2Compete program.
- You must not have subscribed to Cox High Speed Internet within the last 90 days. If you’re a phone or video customer, you can still apply for this program.
In addition, you must be participating in ONE of the following government assistance programs:
- Free/reduced school lunches
- SNAP (aka Food Stamps, EBT)
- Public Housing
- Section 8 or Tenant-Based or Project-Based vouchers
You can click here to learn more about the Cox Communications Connect 2 Compete Program or click here to apply.