Eating on a budget is not for everyone, but we’ve been there. We found some GIFs that perfectly sum it up. Have a laugh with us as you slurp your way through your eighth bowl of ramen soup this week!
1. The feeling when you look at meat prices
And the subsequent realization that you’ll be making beans and eggs your main protein…again.
- The face you make when your genius budget concoction is done cooking
And it really didn’t turn out the way you thought it would.
- Thinking of new ways to cook the same budget foods
Because you know what you can afford and buy the same thing every single week.
- When your kids say they want Happy Meals for a treat out
But you know you can only afford dollar menu.
- The first meal
After you’ve had to live on rice and beans for a couple weeks.
- Filling up your cart
When you go to Aldi, Save-a-Lot, Grocery Outlet or another discount grocery store.
- Your reaction any time food falls on the floor
Because you don’t waste food. Ever. For any reason. That stuff costs money!
- Checking your SNAP account
And realizing the money just went in and you can buy food again.
- Thinking about food
Since you’re usually stressing and don’t know how you’re going to make it to the next paycheck. Here’s some help, btw!
- When you go somewhere
And they’re offering free food.
- When grandma comes through
With that leftover food from the holidays so you know you won’t have to figure out meals for at least a couple days.
- Realizing you’re not alone
And a big chunk of America is food-poor or food-insecure!
- How you feel the morning after you had to have sleep for dinner
Because you ran out of food earlier that day.
- What you actually really want
After cooking the past 4,210 meals at home.
- Feeling like a real chef
When you find the copycat Olive Garden alfredo recipe right here! (It’s so cheap and easy…seriously!)
Ready to stretch that food budget a little further? Check out our super cheap, super easy and super delicious recipe lists!
Just choose your primary ingredient and get inspired!
Want us to find creative and delicious ways to use a different main ingredient? Let us know in the comments!