If you’re a veteran, you need to make sure you register as a veteran with your idNYC! You’ll get even MORE free admission and benefits than standard idNYC cardholders.
If you have any one of the following documents, you can get a veteran designation on your IDNYC:
- DD214 – Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty
- DD 2 Retired – US Uniformed Services ID Card (Retired)
- VIC/VHIC – Veterans Affairs Hospital Identification Card
- NY State DMV Driver’s License or Non-Driver ID with Veteran Designation
- Expired IDNYC with Veteran Designation
- Attestation from Mayor’s Office of Veterans’ Affairs confirming military service
Once you’ve got that designation, you’ll also be able to get the following perks!
Free Veterans Advantage Digital Plan for one year!
Once you’ve got your veterans designation on your idNYC, you’ll be able to get free access to Veterans Advantage’s Digital Plan for 12 months. This site will give you access to discounts from the country’s largest retailers and travel providers. Enroll here!
Free Discounts through the Queens Chamber of Commerce’s Queens VETS Program!
Businesses that participate in the Queen’s VETS program accept the IDNYC Veteran Designation as proof of veteran status. See a sample of your future savings by clicking here.
Free Membership to the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum!
Sign up at the museum to receive a free Individual Membership for one year.
Access to Veteran-Specific Services from the NYC Department of Small Business Services!
They’ll help with resume preparation, job training, job placement services and more. You can also get information about the Veteran’s Entrepreneurship Program!
Don't miss out!
Sign up for our Low Income Freebies & Tips (LIFT) messages to get text notifications of new freebies in your area!