Fortunately, businesses all over America are stepping up to help low income families through the coronavirus crisis.
This list includes restaurants that have offered free food for students affected by COVID-19. Please note that this list may change rapidly as some state governments order restaurants to close to limit the spread of coronavirus.
Restaurants are offering free meals to affected students.
There are several restaurants that are offering free meals to students who have been affected by the coronavirus closures.
Piada Italian Street Food
Piada is offering a free kids pasta with sauce, cheese and a fountain drink on weekdays during certain hours. Details here.
Burger King is giving parents a chance to get their kids free meals starting March 23. It will offer two free kids meals for every adult meal ordered. The offer is only for meals purchased online and on Burger King’s app. The coupon is online. You can redeem them online, one guest per day through April 6 or while supplies last.
Mo’s Southwest Grill
Mo’s is offering a free kids entree with the purchase of an adult entree. Free delivery too!
Some local businesses are also participating.
As always, some of our best finds are local. Please find your state in the list below to see what’s available in your area.
Homewood Bagel Company has offered free breakfast cereal and PB&J lunches to affected children. The items are available for curbside pickup if needed.
The Hungry Robot is offering free pizzas for kids in various mobile locations. Nothing special needed to claim your pizza, the business is operating on the honor system from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
Salty’s on 2nd in Fairbanks is offering free brown bag lunches as of 3/16. They are available for pick-up, but parents can also message Salty’s to arrange for a meet up to deliver the lunch.
La Piazza Al Forno will offer take-out lunches of pasta, fruit and salad for kids enrolled in Meal Assistance Programs. Take-out meals are available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Tuesday through Friday.
Sal’s Gilbert Pizza offers one free kids meal while schools are closed from Tuesday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Contact them at 480-633-2226 for more information.
Piazza Romana is offering free slices of pizza to all kids. Available for take-out.
The Attic on Broadway – Located in Long Beach, The Attic is offering free burritos to kids under 18 while the LBU School District is closed.
Hugo’s Restaurants- As of 3/16 the kid’s men for children under 12 is free. Take out is available.
El Torito is offering free meals for kids under 12 while schools remain closed.
My Sister’s Fault in Milford is offering free meals to children daily. A volunteer will bring the meal to the car, one meal per car.
Governor Pritzker has ordered all bars and restaurants to close to the public through the end of March 2020. Delivery and curbside services can remain open.
That closure may affect these deals.
- Chief’s Bar and Grill in Silvis and East Moline is offering free kids’ meals to children.
- McAlister’s Deli is providing free sack lunches during the week. Each lunch includes a sandwich, chips, applesauce and cookie. No purchase is necessary.
- Quad City Pizza Company in Moline and Bettendorf is providing a free buffet meal to children ages 12 and under through the end of March.
Lux Cafe in Goshen is offering free food to children up to 12th grade who need a free breakfast or lunch. The meal is available on weekdays only.
- Piada Italian Street Food (details above)
- Piada Italian Street Food (details above)
- Poseidon’s Pizza Company is making free pizzas just for kids as well as expanding their delivery radius in order to reach more kids affected by school closures.
Governor Hogan has ordered the closure of bars, restaurants, movie theaters and gyms.
Goodstuff Smokehouse in Blackstone is offering free kids meals during lunch time hours. The meals are available to-go during weekdays.
Mamajuana Cafe : The Bronx is offering a bagged lunch for kids from 11 a.m. to 1p.m. on weekdays.
Billy’s on Grand is offering free lunch for kids under 14. No purchase necessary to receive a meal.
The Blue Moose Bar and Grill in East Grand Forks will offer lunch between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
The Bourbon Butcher is offering free kids meals of a sandwich, fruit, chips, cookie and milk to customers who call ahead. Located in Farmington, the meals are available for delivery and for curbside pick- up.
Day by Day Cafe is giving out free hot dogs and chips for kids. Day by Day is located in Saint Paul.
Dunn Brothers Coffee in St. Michael is partnering with West Community Church offering free lunches from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.. Students can pick up the lunches in the church parking lot.
El Burrito Mercado – Kids accompanied by an adult can a free cheese quesadilla and apple from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m..
Granite City Food and Brewery – Located in Roseville, ask of a manager and recieve a free kids meal including a sandwich, applesauce and chips.
Loring Bar and Restaurant is offering free lunches for children 12 and under. They are also offering other specials for students who order delivery
Lucky Cricket in St. Louis Park is offering a free meal for children under 12.
Que Viet is offering free fried rice for kids – a choice of chicken or pork. The secret passcode is,” KYLSEA.” Pronounced, “Kelsey,”
Whiskey Inferno in Savage is offering free meals to kids if you call ahead for pick-up.
Zen Box Izakaya in Minneapolis is offering a pay what you can, take-out only policy.
Jersey Mike’s Subs in Hoboken is offering free meals to kids in Pre-K to 12th grade from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Ariello’s in Whitney Point is offering lunches.
- Alexander’s Cafe in Binghamton is offering up to 50 lunches on Wednesdays.
- Belmar Pub in Binghamton is offering lunch on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Brody’s Pizza in endicott is offering lunches on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Craft Bar and Kitchen is offering up to 50 meals on Monday and Fridays. Children can pick up a burger and fries.
- Cortese Restaurant in Binghamton is offering up to 50 lunches for K-8 students on Monday, Wednesday or Fridays.
- Jim Roma’s Bakery in Endicott is offering lunches on weekdays.
- Joey’s Pizzeria and Italian Ice in Endicott is offering lunches on certain days.
- Lisle Inn in Lisle is offering lunches on Tuesdays and Fridays. There is a very limited quantity, however.
- Lost Dog Cafe in Binghamton is offering lunches on certain days.
- Nick’s Pizza in Endicott is offering lunches for K-8 students on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Relief Pitcher in Binghamton is offering lunches.
- Peterson’s Tavern in Binghamton is offering lunches on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Spiedie & Rib Pit in Binghamton is offering lunches for K-8 students on weekdays.
- Tall Blonde Cafe is offering meals on Tuesdays.
- Tony’s Italian Grill is offering lunches on weekdays. Quantities limited.
- Whitney Point Country Kitchen is distributing bagged lunches to local district students.
New York City
Mamajuana Cafe will be giving away bagged lunches to Bronx-area children while the school systems are closed.
Buzz’s Roost at the Beach in Carolina Beach has offered a free bagged lunch for students who are out of school. Lunches include a sandwich, chips and a cookie. The meals can be picked up in the afternoons before 5 pm.
Irv’s Signature Catering is offering free egg and cheese sandwiches for children who need breakfast.
Maya’s Crab Shack in Riegelwood is offering free hot dogs during certain hours. There is a limit of two hot dogs and the child must be present to pick it up.
McDonald’s is giving out free lunches in the drive-thru from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. to Carbarrus County Students. They offer a plain hamburger, cheeseburger or four-piece McNugget with small fry. The child must be present with the parent to obtain these lunches. The 1511 Hwy 29 N, 730 Cabarrus Ave W, 7810 Lyles Avenue, and 3405 Hwy 601 S locations in Concord, NC will be serving the lunches Monday through Friday.
Mr. Bagel Meister in Leland is offering breakfast for students who are out of school. You must be a Brunswick County student in order to qualify.
Pier 51 is offering Cabarrus County school children free lunches starting March 23. Children may order anything off the restaurant’s kid’s menu for free while schools remain closed.
Sweet n Savory Cafe is offering breakfast and lunch to students in need while the schools are closed.
Wake & Bake Donuts in Wilmington is offering a free donut to children are out of school.
Butcher and Sprout is offering free lunch for kids under 12 every day through April 5. Located in Cuyahoga Fall, the lunches are available from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m..
Coal Grove Freezette is offering free brown bagged lunches to children between the ages of 5-18. The lunch includes a hot dog, hamburger or corn dog, as well as a side of chips, candy bar and a soda. This offer is only valid on certain days.
Habanero Latin American Fare will assist children on school lunch programs. Parents should reach out through Facebook Messenger to receive help.
Piada Italian Street Food (details above)
Pork Belly Jems Pizzeria – Free dine-in or carry-out lunch is available Wednesday to Saturday for children enrolled in Ohio lunch programs. Lunches are available from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Bowling Green.
Red Rose Jems Pizzeria in Cincinnati has volunteered to feed kid in Ohio. They post daily updates of their schedule on Facebook. They typically open at 4 p.m. for take out and delivery starts at 6 p.m..
Laughing Planet Cafe – Until further notice, the cafe is providing free lunches for children who are on meal assistance. The children do not need to be present to pick up the lunch. Phone orders are also accepted. The cafe would also like to accommodate disabled parents or children with food allergies.
Lionheart Coffee in Beaverton is offering free sack lunches at both of their locations.
- Brown’s Hill Tavern in Lamar is listed as offering something, but hte details are unclear.
- Choke and Puke Diner in Loganton is offering a free chicken tender or chicken fry meal to school age children. The meal includes fries and a drink.
- Fierce and Fit Nutrition Club will provide a free kid’s shake to children.
- Toasted Cheese Please, a food truck in Lock Haven, is offering free sandwiches, veggies/fruit and a drink.
- Acme BBQ in Williamsport is offering a free meal.
- Erb’s West End Market in Newberry is offering a free bagged lunch. The lunches include a PB&J sandwich, bag of chips and a drink.
- Joe’s Pizza in East End is offering a free slice of pizza and a drink.
- Kutza’s Kitchen is offering free lunches.
- Leo’s Pizzeria offers a free slice of pizza and a drink.
- Mark’s Family Restaurant in Cogan Station is offering a free slice of pizza and a drink.
- Masetto’s in Williamsport offers a free lunch.
- Mileto’s Sub Shop in Williamsport has an eat-in only deal.
- New Love Center Cafe in Jersey Shore is offering lunch.
- Oval County Store in Jersey Shore is offering a free deli sandwich for students.
- Panda Chinese Restaurant in Williamsport will provide free fried rice or lo-mein to children in pre-K through 12th grade.
- Park Pizza in Williamsport is offering a free slice of pizza and a drink.
- Peg & Bill’s Diner in Williamsport is offering a free lunch.
- Pizza to Go in Jersey Shore will offer a free 6″ ham or turkey sub, or a piece of pizza. A drink and bag of chips are also included.
- Sammy’s Pizza in Pennsdale is offering helpt o Muncy students only.
- South Side Pizzeria in Williamsport is offering a free slice of pizza and a drink.
- Trail inn is Cogan Station is offering a free lunch.
- Blockhouse Cafe in Liberty is offering free grilled cheese or PB&J sandwiches while the schools are closed. Chips and a soda are included.
Best Italian Cafe & Pizzeria is offering free lunches to needy students.
Buddy’s Bar-b-q is offering the, “piggy pack meal,” at their Sevierville location. Available for pick up between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m..
Don Marco’s Mexican Restaurant is offering lunches to students who were enrolled in lunch programs. Free kids meals are available Monday through Friday 11 a.m. to 3 p.m..
New York Pizza Department in Hixton is offering free food to any child at any time. The owner will not turn any child in need away.
Old Dads located in Sevierville has free lunches available for all kids.
The Red Tomato is serving kids on in Sevier County on lunch assistance, a free meal.
Yassin’s Falafel House is offering free meal delivery to students who order within five miles of the Walnut Street location in Knoxville or the North Peters Road location in Knoxville. Student with a valid lunch assistance ID can receive one free meal a day. Meals are available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. through GatewayDelivery.com with promo code YFHGW
Asado, an Argentinian restaurant in Orem, is opening an hour early every day to provide hot breakfasts to students. (Daily Herald)
Fat Daddy’s Pizzeria in Provo is offering take-out lunches for school-age children. The lunches are available between 11 am until 1 pm, or until they run out of them.
Schmidt’s Pastry Cottage in Sugarhouse, Taylorsville and South Jordan is giving away two free loaves of French bread per person every day. The intent is that you will keep one for yourself, and give the other to someone else who needs it.
As of the time of this writing, Governor Inslee has ordered all restaurants to close temporarily.
Havana Cafe – Located in Pasco, the cafe is providing free kids meals and books (in English and Spanish) donated from the Children’s Reading Foundation. They also ask parents to bring a children’s book to donate when picking up the free lunch.
- Giovanni’s of Lavalette is offering a pizza or cheese stick to a child in need. No questio
- ns asked.
Get Freebies & Deals Sent to Your Inbox!
Get Freebies & Deals Sent to Your Phone!