Skip to Content

10 Ways to Find Low Income Housing in Eugene

10 Ways to Find Low Income Housing in Eugene

Low income housing in Eugene can be difficult to find if you don’t know where to look! Fortunately, if you’re looking for affordable housing in the Eugene area, then you’ve found the right place!

This list was originally compiled for an elderly adult in need. It contains many helpful websites and organizations that can help you find the resources you may be eligible for in your area.

Start your search for affordable housing in Eugene here.

If you need shelter, then we have good news! There are many, many affordable housing programs in the Eugene and Lane County areas.

Homes for Good (formerly Housing and Community Services Agency of Lane County)

This agency has developed over 1600 units of subsidized housing that provide affordable housing in Eugene and elsewhere in Lane County. Your rent depends on what unit you’re in because in renters pay a percentage of their income for some units and a fixed, below-market rate for others.

US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)

Browse a map of low-income and public housing developments and projects.

US Department of Agriculture

Click this link to browse a list of affordable housing in rural Lane County. Although not in the Eugene city area, these homes have affordable rents.  Some do have specific demographic restrictions (elderly, etc.).

Oregon Housing and Community Services

Click “Housing Assistance” to see a list of low-income housing resources. The site works best when viewed in Internet Explorer.

Northwest Real Estate Capital Corporation

This 501(c)(3) corporation specializing in helping people find low-income housing through rural development projects, HUD, Section8, Tax Credits and so much more more. You can browse either the Oregon housing list or the senior housing list.

Cornerstone Community Housing

Low-income housing with on-site resident programs (including free food distribution) are available from this agency. In order to learn more, please look online to browse their various communities or contact the agency for more information.

affordable housing in Eugene

Some affordable housing in Eugene is reserved for specific demographics.

These housing units have special requirements, such as veterans status.

Shepard Apartments

Low-income individuals experience mental health challenges may be able to obtain low-cost housing from Shepard Apartments. Rent is equal to one-third of an applicant’s income. Contact them at (541) 343-5831.

Housing Our Veterans

Male veterans (age 18+) who are clean and sober may be able to obtain safe housing through this program. Residents can also receive assistance obtaining IDs, finding jobs and progressing toward home ownership. In order to learn more, you’ll need to call them at (541) 606-9220.

Local housing counselors can find even more affordable housing in Eugene.

These agencies provide skilled housing counselors who are more familiar with the resources in your area. They’ll be able to help you find even more resources than I can!

Catholic Community Services

You don’t have to be Catholic to visit CCS! This agency provides many valuable community services, including housing referrals. With access to waitlists and programs, the Housing Counselors at this organization can help you determine what your housing options are.

You can reach them on weekdays at (541) 345-3628. Just ask to speak to a housing counselor, at Ext.2!

St. Vincent de Paul of Lane County

The Eugene Service Station (ESS) provides housing referrals, as well as free daytime access to showers, phones, computers, clothing, blankets, hygiene supplies, meals and laundry facilities.

Call them at (541) 461-6866 and ask about housing referrals!

These agencies help with move-in costs in Eugene!

These organizations may be able to help you pay the application fees, deposit and other move-in costs to help you get into stable, secure housing. This can help you with the out-of-pockets required to get into affordable housing in Eugene!

Oregon Veteran’s Service Offices

Veterans and their family members (including un-remarried surviving spouses, children, or stepchildren) can receive one-time assistance through this fund. Funds can be awarded for emergency or temporary housing needs, including move-in costs and application fees. A DD214 must be provided. Dishonorably discharged veteran do not qualify for assistance. In order to learn more, call them at (541) 682-4191.

Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)

Veterans and their families may qualify for help finding and moving into housing if their income is at or below 50% of the median income. Any discharge status is acceptable for service, but a DD214 is required. Call them at (541) 743-7166 on weekdays between 8:30am and 5pm!

Get MORE help in Oregon!

Nicole leads the Low Income Relief team with over 20 years of professional research and writing experience. Nicole started Low Income Relief after a personal experience with poverty. When her husband was medically discharged from the US Army, their family experienced tremendous financial hardship. Nicole was able to gather help from multiple community agencies and move into a nearby low income housing unit in just two weeks! Since then, Nicole has been dedicated to helping low income families in crisis. She regularly spends hundreds of hours combing through countless resources to make sure that Low Income Relief has the most comprehensive and complete resource directories on the internet today. Prior to starting Low Income Relief, Nicole worked as a novelist, journalist, ghostwriter and content creator. Her work has been featured in various print and online publications, including USA Today, eHow, Livestrong, Legal Beagle, The Daily Herald, The Chronicle and more.

Hayk S

Friday 1st of June 2018

A very good friend of mine recommends Willamette Oaks . I'm not sure though if its affordable.


Friday 1st of June 2018

Thanks for the tip, Hayk! :)