Sure, a West Virginia food stamps card can help you buy groceries…. but it can also give you free museum admission, half-off Amazon Prime and other benefits, too! You won’t believe what your WV food stamps card can do for you!
6 Things You Need to Know about West Virginia EBT
- Apply for West Virginia EBT online on the government website. This is the fastest and easiest way to apply for food benefits.
- Did you know you can buy this?! You can buy seeds and produce-bearing plants with your Indiana food stamps card! You can also buy certain gift baskets and birthday cakes.
- Did you know you can shop here?! Did you know that Costco, farmer’s markets and even you-pick strawberry fields can accept EBT benefits? Some retailers even give you discounts or free stuff if you shop there with your food stamps card!
- Buy gift baskets and more! No joke – this is all part of the actual federal food stamps law. Here’s a list of unexpected things you can actually buy with your food stamps funds.
- You could qualify for more food stamps funds! Groceries are expensive. It’s tough to make ends meet when you have, on average, $1.40 per meal. That’s why we dug into the law to find ways that our readers could legally get more food stamps funds. We found way more than we expected!
- You can even get cash back from your food stamps card! It’s true and it’s legal – no cash benefits required. One of our readers earned an additional $437.84 just by shopping with her food stamps card. She uses that extra money to buy diapers and other essentials.
Got a WV food stamps card? Get FREE stuff and discounts on services!
Amazon offers discounted Amazon Prime memberships for customers who receive EBT or Medicaid benefits! Amazon Prime includes FREE two-day shipping and streaming access to thousands of titles. You’ll need to verify that you receive food stamps or Medicaid to get this incredible price.
Cell phones and service may be available FREE in your area!
Plant a garden! You can buy seeds and produce-bearing plants with your EBT card! It’s actually part of the federal food stamps law.
Student loan payments could be as low as ZERO dollars per month with an income based repayment plan!
Summer food services offer free meals for children 18 and under during the summer months when free and low-cost school meals aren’t available.
These are some additional programs you may qualify for.
Internet from Comcast, CenturyLink, AT&T and more for just $5-$10 per month?! It’s true!
Power companies often have low income programs, including special low rates or free home improvement services! We received over $18,000 in free home improvements through these programs.
Property tax exemptions are often available for low income seniors and disabled veterans! For more info on what it is and how to apply, contact your local county assessor’s office. We even received a refund for the last two years of property taxes!
Veterinary care assistance is available! If you have a pet, you need to know about these agencies that may be able to assist with your pet’s vet bills.
YMCA organizations often have discounts for low income families! Contact your local YMCA for details.
Get discounted admission with your WV food stamps card!!
Please note that the museums with green titles are Museums for All participants. These venues accept EBT cards from all 50 states, so you don’t have to be a West Virginia resident to get these great deals!
It is important to remember that you cannot pay for admission with your EBT card. You will show the EBT card to receive the discount but you will need to pay the remaining admission price, if any, in cash or with a credit/debit card.
Museum of Radio and Technology – FREE
The Museum of Radio and Technology is all about the electronic equipment, programs and artifacts from broadcasting’s heritage. They also work to teach about both the history and restoration of broadcasting and electronics equipment.
Entrance is free, but there is a donation box on the way out of the museum, if you wish to donate.
Spark! Imagination and Science Center – FREE!
Through exhibits and educational opportunities, Spark! inspires people of all ages to explore science and the arts. If you have a West Virginia EBT card or WIC vouchers, you can receive FREE admission for up to four people.
The Art Museum of West Virginia University – FREE
The museum is located on the Evansdale campus. It’s focus is on the transformational power of art, and has both contemporary and traditional art to enjoy and learn from.
Princeton Railroad Museum – FREE
This museum celebrates the “Richest Little Railroad in the World,” the Virginian Railway. If you or your child loves trains, you’ll enjoy this collection of railway artifacts, historical photos and the beautifully restored 70+ year old caboose. Entry to the Princeton Railroad Museum is free.
Those Who Served War Museum – FREE
This museum honors all those veterans who have served our country, and contains military artifacts from the Civil War to today.