Our site is ad-supported and this post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you complete a purchase using one of our links, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more about our editorial and advertising policies.
Want to decorate your home on a budget? Organize it? Do a craft? These Dollar Tree DIY ideas are perfect and can save you big money!
1. Make a nautical vase with one of our favorite Dollar Tree DIY ideas.
You can get all the supplies you need from the Dollar Tree for this one.
What you’ll need for one of the easiest Dollar Tree DIY ideas:
- A vase, nautical rope, glue, soil (optional), seeds (optional), faux plant (optional).
- Starting from the bottom, wrap nautical rope around your vase. You can use industrial glue from the Dollar Tree or you can use hot glue if you have a hot glue gun (the Dollar Tree sells the hot glue sticks, but not the guns).
- Make sure you glue as you go instead of coating the vase in glue first.
- You can use one roll of rope from the dollar store to cover about half of the vase or get more than one rope to cover the whole vase.
- When you’re done, fill the vase with soil and plant your seeds. For an easier option, use a faux plant!
2. Create a pretty space for pen storage using dollar supplies.
These DIY pen holders are perfect for home, the office or to give as gifts! They can’t get any easier.
What you’ll need for this idea:
Pretty dollar store paper, a vase or clear cup, Mod Podge, pens.
- Cut your paper to fit the inside of the vase or cup.
- Cover it on Mod Podge and secure it to the vase.
- Fill with pretty pens from the Dollar Tree!
3. Create decor with Dollar Tree DIY ideas.
Need cute Dollar Tree DIY ideas to decorate your home? This one is perfect!
What you’ll need to use for this DIY idea:
A mirror from home or from the Dollar Tree, glass decorative stones, industrial glue.
- Use industrial glue from the Dollar Tree to glue decorate stones around the outside of the mirror.
- You can use stones of the same color for a sleek and modern look or you can also use different colored stones to create a pop of color in your decor!
4. Use Dollar Tree supplies to make distressed canisters.
Use these Dollar Tree DIY ideas to make a planter, a canister for kitchen utensils or as a catchall for the small items you find around your home. This idea is so versatile and goes well with nearly any decor.
What you’ll need for this DIY:
Mason jars, white paint, sandpaper.
- Start out by painting the outside of your dollar store mason jars white.
- Once they’re fully dry, scrape them with sandpaper to create a distressed look.
5. Dollar Tree DIY ideas can help you make a modern picture frame.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy DIY, this is a perfect idea! This is one of the easiest Dollar Tree DIY ideas that you can even do with kids!
What you’ll need to make this:
Paint, a picture frame.
- Pour your paint into a container that’s deep enough to fit half the picture frame in it.
- Dip the picture frame in the paint.
- Allow it to dry for a few hours and do a second coat if necessary.
- 6. A succulent tower doesn’t have to be expensive.
The Dollar Tree sells fake succulents and small candle holders that the succulents fit in. By stacking them up and securing them, you can create a beautiful DIY that works great as decor in any room of your house!
Things you’ll need to make it:
Two or three small candle holders, fake succulents, industrial glue.
- Glue and stack the candle holders together.
- Put your succulents inside of the holes. Glue them in to ensure they stay.
- You could also use real succulents for this project, but make sure you put them near sunlight!
7. Topiaries don’t always have to be plants!
If you want a topiary, but don’t have time to take care of a real plant, you can make one from a Dollar Tree book!
Things you’ll need to make these Dollar Tree DIY ideas:
- A book, a round floral foam form, a Dollar Tree dowel rod, rope, decorative rocks, a planter.
- Pull the pages out of the book.
- Stick the pages into the floral foam by pulling them from the center and pushing in using the dowel rod.
- Push the dowel rod into the foam and make sure it’s stable.
- Cover the rod in the rope.
- Fill the planter with decorative rocks and slide the rod into it.
8. Cover bins with cheap fabric.
You can get bins at the dollar store and cover them in cheap fabric or pillowcases. The Dollar Tree doesn’t usually sell fabric, but you can find it at places like Michaels and Hobby Lobby for less than a dollar per yard. If you want to use all Dollar Tree products, just use one of their pillowcases as fabric.
Things you’ll need:
Dollar Tree bin, pillowcase or fabric, adhesive (spray adhesive works best).
- Spray down the inside of your bin with spray adhesive.
- Cover the inside with fabric and let it dry.
- Once it’s dry, cover the outside and be sure to tuck in any corners or rough edges.
9. Dollar Tree DIY ideas: outdoors version.
You can make beautiful porch lamps using solar lights and vases. This is one of the Dollar Tree DIY ideas kids can get involved with because it isn’t too complicated!
Things you’ll need:
Solar lights, vases, industrial glue.
- Twist the tops of the solar lights off of the ground stakes they’re attached to.
- Place some glue around the inside edge of the lights (kids should probably not do this part).
- Put the light on top of the vase.
- To secure it, place a heavy book or another object on top until it dries.
10. Do a plant hanger as one of the Dollar Tree DIY ideas.
You can use Dollar Tree ropes and a planter to make a plant hanger easily out of dollar store supplies. If you hit the store at the right time of the year, you might even be able to find potting soil there, too!
Things you’ll need:
Rope, a planter, soil (optional), plant (optional).
- Get your favorite color rope at the dollar store- some Dollar Tree locations have nautical rope.
- Follow these instructions.
- Find a sturdy place to hang your beautiful hanger.
11. Use craft supplies and alcohol to create modern coffee mugs.
Are you someone who needs a beautiful mug for your coffee to help motivate you in the mornings? Because, same. These mugs are gorgeous and will help you feel so fancy as you sip your Dollar Store cup of Joe.
Things to buy:
White dollar store mugs, acrylic paint, rubbing alcohol, Mod Podge.
- Paint dots on the bottom of the mugs.
- Drip a small amount of alcohol on the mug with it turned upside down to create a crackly watercolor effect.
- Once it’s dry, coat with 1-2 coats of Mod Podge (you can spring for dishwasher safe at craft stores if you have a couple extra dollars in your budget).