We love guest posts! If you have content that you think would be a great audience, we would love to review your work. Here’s how to get started.
Make sure your content fits our audience.
Make sure you take a look around the site and get a feel for what we’re doing here. Our focus is on helping low income people live better. Our readers love free things. In fact, our most popular posts are about EBT card benefits and the amazing things you can do with a library card.
Your guest post must be relevant to our audience. If you write about luxury cars, don’t expect to be published here.
Abide by our community and writing guidelines.
Although this sounds easy, please be aware that not every submission will be selected for publication. It’s very important that the material you send be accurate, interesting, and well-researched.
Here are some things you can do to improve your chances of selection:
- Cite your sources. I love sources – and the more you have, the better! I like to see at least three reliable sources per post. Bonus points if you include them as hyperlinks in the text.
- Include photos. If you’re writing an article and you include photos, I would very much appreciate it. Please make sure the photos you submit are not protected by copyright or anything like that. Pixabay is a great source for photos!
- Be unique. If I can find content just like yours – or very similar to it – elsewhere, your content loses its value.
- Write a headline that people want to click on. Make sure your headlines are intriguing and relevant.
- Be helpful. Our goal is to help our readers live better on low incomes. Your content should always serve that purpose in some way. If your content is not relevant to our audience, we will not publish it.
Please note that content that includes plagiarism, swearing/foul language and anything inappropriate for minors will not be reviewed. This is a family friendly site.
If necessary, I may alter the headline or edit the content of any submissions that I choose to publish. If you are not familiar with SEO, please expect that some adjustments will be made to your work.
We don’t compensate for guest posts.
Please be aware that I do not pay for guest submissions. Like the team at Mirasee, “we consider [guest posting] a fair exchange of value – guest posters provide us with content and we provide feedback and an audience.”
If your content is good, we’ll publish it. You’ll get a byline on our website and exposure to our audience, which currently hovers around 125,000 people per month.
If your content is really good, you may even be invited to join our team.
Ready? Submit your content via email.
If you think you could create some great content for us, please send the following to this address:
- Author bio (include up to 3 links to your blog, Facebook, Twitter, whatever)
- Email address with Gravatar set up so your image will appear with your byline
If you’re interested in becoming a regular contributor to our site, please include the following information as well:
- Location (state or region is fine)
- Desired pay rate (and whether it’s by word or submission)
If your content is accepted for publication, we’ll email you.
If/when I notify you that your work has been selected for publication, I will send you a permalink for your post and a scheduled publication date.
If your information is valuable and your content is good, you may be invited to become a regular contributor. The pay rate and frequency of contributions will be negotiated privately through email and will depend on your availability, content type and quality.