If you’re receiving Arkansas food stamps, you probably already know that Arkansas is not always kind and considerate of its low income population. Fortunately, that attitude seems to be changing and we’ve been able to find some seriously cool benefits for residents with Arkansas food stamps cards.
- Advertisements -
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
7 Things You Need to Know about Arkansas Food Stamps
At Low Income Relief, we write extensively about food stamps. Our goal is to help low income people save money and get free stuff. We have a lot of content that can help you if you have Arkansas food stamps!
- Apply for Arkansas food stamps online. I’ve had many people tell me that the only reason they don’t have food stamps is because they’re too embarrassed to go into the office. You can apply online and skip the lines!
- You can buy fruit trees. It’s true! You can buy much more than just groceries. You can buy seeds and produce-bearing plants with your Arkansas food stamps card! You can also buy certain gift baskets and birthday cakes. Here are some other surprising things you can buy with food stamps.
- Shop smart. You may be able to get more food for your money at farmer’s markets and You-Pick Strawberry Fields!
- You may be eligible for more food stamps. We’ve cracked the code on how the food stamps office determines your monthly food stamps allotment… and we’ve discovered ways that you can increase your monthly balance! Learn the trick that 90% of people don’t know about.
- You can get cash back (it’s legal)! With smart shopping techniques, you can put cash back in your pocket when you shop with EBT. Here’s how.
- You can shop at many places. Some retailers, such as Farmer’s Markets, often offer double-up programs where you can get twice as much food as you pay for. Bulk retailers like Costco also accept food stamps. Here’s a list of places that accept EBT.
- You can use your EBT card in other states! Not only can you shop in other states, you can also get EBT discounts in other states. All of our state lists use green titles to indicate what venues accept out-of-state EBT cards for discounts.
Did you know your Arkansas food stamps card can also do this?!
Charitable dental services may be available for individuals and families who qualify for Arkansas food stamps. This list, aggregated by the Arkansas State Dental Association, includes many dental clinics and resources that may be able to help you.
Property tax exemptions are available for low income 100% disabled veterans and those who have been awarded special monthly compensation for total blindness in at least one eye or the loss of (or loss of use of) one or more limbs. Also, certain widows and minor children also qualify for this exemption.
SNAP-ED is a free nutrition education service from the University of Arkansas System. SNAP-ED programs are run in various counties across the state and include school garden programs, cooking classes, activities and so much more. Find your local program!
- Sponsored Links -
Wait — you can’t afford to miss this!!!
We’ve found loads of discounts that you can get with an Arkansas EBT card! For admission discounts, be sure to check the list at the end of this article!
50% off Amazon Prime
Amazon offers discounted Amazon Prime memberships for customers who receive EBT or Medicaid benefits! You’ll need to verify that you receive food stamps or Medicaid to get this incredible price.
Free Cell Phones & Service
Cell phones and service are available FREE for individuals and families who receive EBT benefits.
Internet for just $5 per month?! We’ve found a series of low income Internet discounts from providers like Comcast, CenturyLink, AT&T, Cox Communications and more! Click here to learn how to get discounted Internet services!
Free cell phones and service may be available for those who receive Arkansas food stamps! We’ve got a full list of providers and options!
At Low Income Relief, our goal is to help everyone with Arkansas EBT save money and get free stuff. If you’ve got food stamps in Arkansas, you may also be eligible for these programs:
- Legal aid
- Prescription discounts
- Student loan assistance ($0 per month payments!)
- Summer meals (free, for kids ages 18 and under)
- Tax filing assistance
- Utility assistance (electric bills, etc)
- Veterinary care grants, free pet food and more
And YMCA organizations typically offer discounts for low income individuals and families. Contact your local YMCA for details.
Get museum discounts and more with your Arkansas EBT card!
Got an Arkansas food stamps card? You can get awesome discounts! However, you cannot pay for admission with your Arkansas food stamps card. First, you will show the EBT card to receive the discount. After that, you will need to pay the remaining admission price, if any, in cash or with a credit/debit card.
Arkansas Arts Center – $3 or less per person
The Arkansas Arts Center provides programming for attendees of all ages. From the Children’s Theatre to the exhibits, you’ll find something to enjoy here.
Museum of Discovery – $2 per person
If you have an Arkansas EBT card, you can visit the Museum of Discovery for just $2 per person! Bring up to five guests along for the same great rate! I’m going to have to plan a trip out here because I really want to see that Guinness World Record musical bi-polar Tesla coil!
P.J. Ahern Home – $3 or less per person
If you enjoy architecture and/or history, then you’ll enjoy a trip to the PJ Ahern Home! This Classical Revival style home features original Italian tile, woodwork and more.