Has money become a concern? Are you unsure of where to turn for financial help? If you are without money and in need, look no further. We have found some of the best and easiest resources online with organizations and programs dedicated to helping those in need find stability once again.
General Resources in Your Area
A good rule of thumb is to begin with searching your local area for services made available through government funding as well as organizations interested in helping those in need. Try some of the agency’s listed below to help direct you with finding financial assistance designed for you!
1. Benefits.gov is an online resource designed to provide immediate relief for those seeking financial assistance as well as loans, healthcare and medical assistance and disaster relief. Search for the benefits available in your state that specify in help with tax assistance, living assistance, insurance and loan repayment.
2. Community Action Agency’s (CAA) are federally funded partnerships dedicated to providing technical assistance, training and other resources to local nonprofit organizations. Search for a CAA in your area to see what kind of assistance is available to you.
3. The 211 Program is an operation of United Way Worldwide, an organization that focuses on improving the lives of others through accessibility designed to advance the common good of the world. This program offers free and confidential service to people in North America at any time of day.
Nonprofit Organization Services
It can be helpful to contact some of the local organizations in your area or state to help direct you to the right people who have been trained and certified to provide financial assistance. Learn more by checking out the nonprofits nearest you!
4. Modest Needs is a nonprofit organization with a responsibility to provide short term financial assistance to individuals and families in need by lessening the burden of state and federal agencies while promoting compassion and generosity for those living under the poverty line. Learn more about the mission and how you can find help through this organization!
Government Assistance Programs
Another great idea is to contact local agency’s and organizations that are government funded to help provide families and individuals with assistance for living costs, job training, housing assistance and more!
5. Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) is a program dedicated to providing needy families with financial assistance and supportive services ranging from childcare, job preparation, to work assistance. Qualifications can be found on the webpage as well as further direction on how to apply and who to contact for help.
6. The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is made accessible to eligible low income households to assist with the costs for heating and cooling as well as help with bill payments, energy crisis assistance, weatherization and energy related home repairs. Visit the webpage to learn more about the qualifications, get the application and figure out who you should talk with next.
7. The Housing Choice Voucher Program, also known as Section 8 Housing, helps low income families, the elderly and the disabled find affordable and safe housing assistance. Learn more about eligibility requirements for your local area and apply for a voucher directly on the website.
Trusted Crowdsourcing Websites
Crowdsourcing websites offer individuals and groups an opportunity to share their stories and ask their community members for help through the internet. It has quickly become a less expensive way for people to find services, but also provides people with a way to ask others for support.
8. GoFundMe is a popular web site that allows individuals, groups and organizations to fundraise. It is as easy as starting a campaign that explains your story and your goal, then sharing it with friends, family and strangers alike to help draw in donations. Not only is it a safe and easy way to ask for financial help, but it is also fast!
9. Fundly is similar to the previous site as it also provides a fast and easy way to raise money for just about anything with no requirements! Start by telling your story to connect with donors while being able to manage your campaign from anywhere using a phone or a computer. This website provides a quick start guide and alerts you with updates frequently!
10. FundRazr is a great platform for online fundraising that is also fast, easy and so effective! Try connecting with your community to raise money online for personal causes and organizations alike. This is a hassle-free way that allows you to focus on your goal through efficient and meaningful connections made on the internet.
11. Freefunder is a free fundraising webpage used for personal needs and causes. This free resource was created with the user in mind that does not charge any fees and allows you to fundraise quickly! This platform offers fast online support to answer any questions as well.
Alternative Types of Work
Freelance, contract work, online platforms, on-call and temporary workers have quickly become a great way to make some extra income. This type of on-demand labor often provides services to a company’s desired clientele by employing individuals from all around your local area, your state or even abroad. We have found some of the most popular forms of work as recommended here:
12. Writing online can be a great work from home job for journalists, bloggers, social media junkies and provides experience for those interested in editing and proofreading!
13. Are you good with typing and organizing? Try your hand at data entry or transcription writing for audio and visual presentations. Just take a quick typing test and you will be provided with a list of jobs suited for your interests and capabilities.
14. Virtual assistant work and online tutoring can also be a great way for people to put their skills to use. Those interested will work with an agency designed to quickly connect clients with professionals who are eager to help!
15. Call Centers can also be a great position for those who enjoy talking with people and do a great job of providing guidance in a way that people from all types of backgrounds will understand.