Skip to Content

Save Money on Connecticut State Parks!

Save Money on Connecticut State Parks!

Connecticut State Parks are awesome! You can save money on your next Connecticut State Parks adventure with a state parks pass. Can’t afford the $67 price tag for a pass? If you’re a veteran or a senior citizen, you don’t have to!


Seniors & Disabled Veterans visit Connecticut State Parks FREE!

The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) offers two FREE Connecticut State Parks passes to certain citizens. Disabled veterans can receive the Disabled Veterans Pass. Residents who are at least age 65 can obtain a Charter Oak Pass. Although the names differ, they offer the same essential benefits.

squantz pond 209864 960 720 for

What do these special passes provide?

This pass provides FREE admission for your vehicle and passengers at parks where a day use or parking fee applies. Parks like Gillette Castle, which charge an admission fee per person, will provide FREE admission for the passholder but everyone else in the group will have to pay their own rate.


The pass cannot be used for camping fees, special event charges or other uses.

How do I get a FREE Connecticut State Parks pass?

You can obtain your Charter Oak Pass or Disabled Veteran Pass in person or through the mail. You’ll need to show proof of age and residency to obtain it.


You can show this proof at one of the following locations to obtain your pass:

  • DEEP State Parks Division (79 Elm St in Hartford)
  • DEEP Western District HQ (230 Plymouth Road in Harwinton)
  • DEEP Eastern District HQ (209 Hebron Road in Malborough)
  • DEEP Marine Headquarters (333 Ferry Rd in Old Lyme)
  • Dinosaur State Park (West Street in Rocky Hill)
  • Fort Griswold Battlefield State Park (Park Avenue in Groton), summer only
  • Fort Trumbull State Park (90 Walbach St in New London), summer only
  • Harkness Memorial State Park (275 Great Neck Road in Waterford)
  • Hammonasset Beach State Park (1288 Boston Post Rd in Madison)
  • Kellogg Environmental Center (500 Hawthorn Ave in Derby)
  • Sherwood Island State Park (Exit 18 off I-95 in Westport), summer only

To obtain it through the mail, you’ll need to send legible copies of your documentation. Make sure you can read all the text on the images you send or your application may not be processed.

Seniors need to provide a copy of their Connecticut ID or other legal proof of age and residency to the following address:

DEEP Charter Oak Pass
State Parks Division
79 Elm St
Hartford CT 06106

Disabled veterans need to submit proof of residency and proof of service connected disability status. A letter confirming your service connected rating is easy to obtain from the eBenefits website. Submit your evidence to:

DEEP Disabled Veteran Pass
State Parks Division
79 Elm St
Hartford CT 06106

Click here to see all our Connecticut posts!


Have too much month at the end of your money? Me too - and that's how Low Income Relief got started. I have over 20 years of professional research and writing experience. Over the years, I've worked as a novelist, journalist, ghostwriter and content creator. My work has been featured in various print and online publications, including USA Today,,, Legal Beagle, The Daily Herald (Provo, Utah), The Chronicle (Centralia, WA) and others. At Low Income Relief, I use my professional research and reporting experience to help low income families save money and make ends meet. It's been my full-time job since 2016, and it's truly an honor to serve you.