Skip to Content

Need emergency housing in Kent WA? Here’s help!

Need emergency housing in Kent WA? Here’s help!

Today, I received a message from a Kent-area family who is experiencing housing instability. The resources we’ve found have been included in this post to help anyone who is experiencing homelessness, eviction or housing insecurity in the Kent area.

Looking for help in another area? Check our map!

If you are going to be homeless in Kent, there are resources for you.

Homelessness is a growing problem in Kent and King County. There are many agencies doing their best to help those experiencing housing instability.

Since funding is so variable, it is important to reach out to as many agencies as possible. Some agencies assist with rent payments, others with move-in costs. We’ve done our best to organize the following list for you.

No matter what you need, contact DSHS in Kent first.

Emergency housing is a crisis. The first place to contact is the DSHS in Kent, WA. They can help you coordinate assistive services, such as Emergency Assistance, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, Refugee Cash Assistance or other benefits you might qualify for. The emergency assistance program could provide you with up to $750 toward move-in costs at a new home!

The 24-Hour Crisis Line can connect you to financial and housing resources that may be of assistance. No matter what is causing your housing instability, I recommend that you call (866) 427-4747.

The REACH Center of Hope in Renton may be able to provide you with additional helpful resources. You can call them at (425) 277-7582.

Kent Washington

Get help with rent in Kent!

Kent United Methodist Church offers emergency financial assistance for rent. There’s a chance that they may approve use of these funds for move-in costs but I’m not sure. You can call (253) 852-0993 to check.

Kent Food Bank & Emergency Services offers some housing assistance but it may be limited to rent only. They can also provide food and help meet other needs. You can call them at (253) 520-3550.

emergency housing in Kent

Already homeless? You can get help, too.

KentHOPE is a day center for women and children that offers three free meals, a clothing bank and more. It also has a great directory of local resources and can make referrals for you. They will also advocate on your behalf. I highly recommend contacting them! They are open daily between 7am and 8:30pm and are located at 9009 Canyon Drive Kent WA.

As our reader Mimi points out in the comments below: “Kent HOPE Day Center is for women and children ONLY. Because a large portion of the women there are escaping DV situations, no men are allowed on the property other than staff – not even to drop someone off nor pick them up. They do offer a lot of resources to women, however. From laundry, showers, meals, computer access and a mailing address to job interview clothing, rain boots, and housing resource information. They also have a night shelter off-site, but space is limited.”

You may be able to receive a week’s worth of motel vouchers from CCSWW’s King County Emergency Assistance Services. They are limited to one week per 12 months. You can call (253) 850-2523 for more information.

Black Diamond Community Center may be able to assist you, depending on your zip code. For more information about how to obtain motel vouchers and other assistance from this agency, click here.

If you recently experienced domestic violence, you may be able to receive financial assistance from the Salvation Army’s DV program. Call (206) 442-8398 for more information.  You could also receive motel vouchers from the Kent branch at (253) 852-4983.

Ready to move? Try these agencies.

Interim CDA’s housing search services could help you find suitable, affordable housing. Interim CDA can be reached at (206) 623-5132 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, between 9am and 5pm.

The CCSWW Community Engagement Center can help you find local resources and may offer financial assistance. They are open between 12pm and 5pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. You can call (253) 854-0077 ext 2 for more information or visit 1229 W Smith St in Kent.

The Kent Alliance Center provides move-in assistance. Call them as early as you can that day. The phone number is (253) 398-2010. While you wait for an appointment, they may be able to assist with motel vouchers. Call them on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9am and 12pm for more information.

Depending on where you decide to move to, you can receive assistance from different agencies. The Maple Valley Food Bank (425-432-8139) will provide move-in assistance in the Covington, Black Diamond, Maple Valley, Hobart and Ravensdale area.

HopeLink provides move-in help in northern King County.

If you’re willing to consider relocation to Tacoma or Pierce County, Access Point 4 Housing could help you find somewhere to live. You can call them at (253) 682-3401. You can also contact the MLHDA at (253) 682-1300 or MDC at (253) 597-6728 for affordable housing in the Tacoma area.

Get MORE help in Washington!

Get Freebies & Deals Sent to Your Inbox!

Get Freebies & Deals Sent to Your Phone!

Powered by