Our site is ad-supported and this post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you complete a purchase using one of our links, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more about our editorial and advertising policies.
Your San Antonio library card is a passport to adventure. In addition to standard library services such as printed material checkout, DVDs and free Wi-Fi, the San Antonio Public Library offers many other helpful and fun services!
Download free movies, audio books, e-books and more!
The San Antonio Public Library has partnered with online content providers like Hoopla to provide movies, music, audio books and e-books to library card holders.
- Download free movies from the library catalog.
- Get free audio books from Overdrive, One Click Digital, and LibriVox.
- Download free e-Books from Overdrive, EBSCO eBook Collection and Project Gutenberg.
Get FREE access to many useful online services with your San Antonio library card!
You can also access other online services with your San Antonio library card credentials.
- Online Career Center gives you online access to job help. Whether you need help with your resume, interview skills or something else entirely, you can find help online between 10am and midnight daily.
- Learning Express Library provides free comprehensive GED test prep in English and Spanish.
- Live Homework Help from Tutor.com is available between 2pm and midnight daily. Get help in classes such as math, science, English, social studies and more!
- San Antonio Library pays for access to loads of databases so that you don’t have to. You can access databases such as Academic Search Complete, World Cat and Medline Plus for free with your library credentials.
Teens have access to special library resources, too.
Young poets (ages 18 and younger) are invited to submit their original work to the Young Pegasus Poetry Competition.
FREE ADMISSION to the Museum of Fine Arts (Houston) on weekends for visitors age 18 and younger who have a valid library card from any Texas library!
Learn new skills!
The San Antonio library system offers many opportunities for patrons to learn new skills.
The LEARN@SAPL Centers provide many education classes at the library. Basic education classes, such as GED prep and English as a Second Language (ESL), may be available for free online. There are also group learning and one-on-one tutoring opportunities for ESL. The Center also provides on-site computer and tech skills courses and financial counseling.
The Jobs & Small Business Center, located on the 5th floor of the Central Library, helps patrons search for jobs and develop their own small businesses. Resources such as LaunchSA, Score and more are all available free with your library card.
Check out disability equipment and laptops!
In addition to printed materials, you can also check out:
- Check out a laptop for up to three hours! They must be kept inside the library.
- Visually impaired patrons can check out a Monomouse, which enlarges printed text and images when plugged into a TV video jack.
- Audio books on CD
- Captioned DVDs
All you need is proof of Bexar County residency to obtain a San Antonio Public Library card! What are you waiting for?!