The Kentucky Double Dollars program helps people who purchase food with SNAP (food stamps), WIC, Farmers Market Nutrition or Senior Farmers Market Nutrition program benefits. If you shop at a participating retailer with those benefits, you can receive extra money for fresh locally grown food!
This program has provided over $300,000 in double dollars to low income residents of Kentucky over the last year. This is a huge benefit to those who need help affording groceries!
In the following article, we will explain how you can use this benefit to get even more healthy food for yourself and your family.
What is Kentucky Double Dollars?
Kentucky Double Dollars is similar to the Double Up Food Bucks program. This program provides extra benefits under the Food Insecurity Nutrition Incentive Grant program to help motivate people to spend their food benefits on healthy, locally grown produce.
Unlike DUFB, the KDD program is not exclusively limited to providing fresh fruits and vegetables. Some participating retailers will allow you to purchase meat, eggs and dairy with your doubled-up dollars.
Who is eligible for KDD?
Anyone who shops with SNAP, WIC, Farmers Market Nutrition or Seniors Farmers Market Nutrition programs in the state of Kentucky is eligible for Kentucky Double Dollars.
However, this program only works at specific participating locations. You need to make sure that you are visiting a participating location in order to double up your dollars.
How do you use Kentucky Double Dollars?
You will need to visit a participating retailer or farmers market in order to get the specifics on how this program works. That’s because some retailers allow you to buy different things and some only accept benefits from certain programs.
This is the list of grocery stores that participate in Kentucky Double Dollars:
- Good Foods Co-Op
- IGA (Frenchburg, Manchester, Martin and Saylersville locations only)
Some community markets also participate:
- Castlewood Community Market
- New Roots Fresh Stop Market
- Northfolk Fresh Stop Market
- South Franklin Food Share Fresh Stop Market
The vast majority of participating locations are farmers markets:
- Allen County Farmers Market
- Anderson County Farmers Market
- Beattyville Farmers Market
- Beaver Dam Farmers Market
- Berea Farmers Market
- Bounty of the Barrens Farmers Market
- Boyd County Farmers Market
- Boyle County Farmers Market
- Breathitt County Farmers Market
- Breckinridge County Farmers Market
- Burkesville Farmers Market
- Carter County Farmers Market
- City of Whitesburg Farmers Market
- Clay County Farmers Market
- Community Farmers Market
- Covington Farmers Market
- Fleming County Farmers Market
- Floyd County Farmers Market
- Franklin County Farmers Market
- Hardin County Farmers Market
- Jackson County Farmers Market
- Jefferstown Farmers Market
- Jessamine Farmers Market
- Johnson County Farmers Market
- Knott County Farmers Market
- Knox County Farmers Market
- Leatherwood Farmers Market
- Lexington Farmers Market
- Magoffin County Farmers Market
- Menifee County Farmers Market
- Metcalfe County Farmers Market
- Millville Farmers Market
- Montgomery County Farmers Market
- Morgan County Farmers Market
- New American Farmers Market
- Nicholasville Farmers Market
- Owen County Farmers Market
- Owensboro Farmers Market
- Perry County Farmers Market
- Phoenix Hill NuLu Farmers Market
- Pikeville Farmers Market
- Red Bird Farmers Market
- Taylor County Farmers Market
- Webster County Farmers Market
- Whitley County Farmers Market
- Winchester Clark County Farmers Market
- Woodford County Farmers Market
The official KDD website does not provide a lot of information about this program and how it works. For example, I was not able to readily find any information about daily limits and other details. I have reached out to the organization for more information.
Don’t forget your Kentucky EBT discounts!
The Kentucky Double Dollars program can help you get more food with your food benefits! By shopping with your EBT benefits at a participating retailer, you can get even more food for your household.