Skip to Content

Huge list of 50+ Prescription Assistance Programs in Washington State

Huge list of 50+ Prescription Assistance Programs in Washington State

If you’re looking for prescription assistance in Washington State, then you’ve come to the right place! Too many low income people today have to choose between lifesaving medications and keeping a roof over their heads. Nobody should ever have to make that choice.


A few days ago, we were driving through Tacoma when we saw a man clutching a haggard sign declaring that he couldn’t afford his medication. It absolutely broke my heart – and that’s why I keep business cards in the car!

Fortunately, there are many statewide programs and local organizations that can help you afford your medications in Washington State – and I’ve made a big list for you below! Of course, if you know about something I missed, please let me know in the comments!


washington prescription assistance flyer

Chat with a pharmacist now!

Need answers to an urgent, personal medical question? Our friends at Ask a Doctor are standing by to help. Talk to a pharmacist online now!

Washington State Prescription Assistance Programs

No matter where you live in Washington State, these prescription assistance programs can help you afford your medications!


National Drug Card Program

You could get a huge discount on your prescriptions – and your pet’s prescriptions, too! This discount prescription card is not insurance but it can save you a lot of money on your medications. It works at 60,000 pharmacies across the United States and can be used an unlimited number of times.

Saving money is as easy as printing a card or downloading an app. It’s easy and free! Save money today when you print the card or use the app!

Washington’s Prescription Discount Program

Similar to the National Drug Card Program, the Washington Prescription Discount Program works like a store discount card – just scan it and save up at the register! Everyone can receive this card because there are no income or age restrictions. Sign up today at the Washington Prescription Drug Program website and you’ll receive your card within about a week!

Epilepsy Foundation Northwest

If you have epilepsy and need anti-convulsant medications, you may be eligible for one-time emergency prescription assistance from the Epilepsy Foundation Northwest. This agency will pay $50 directly to an approved pharmacy to help you get your medications. In order to qualify, you must live in Washington, Oregon, Alaska, or Montana. The application, as well as more information, is available on their website.

HealthWell Foundation

If you have an eligible chronic or life-threatening disease, you may be eligible for a grant from the HealthWell Foundation! These grants can be used to pay for out-of-pocket medical expenses such as deductibles or prescription co-pays. Eligible disease include (but are not limited to) cancer, macular degeneration, asthma, Hodkin’s Disease, non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis.

When you apply, the Foundation will consider your entire financial, medical and insurance situation. You are required to provide demographic data, income verification, doctor’s contact information and an insurance card. They will evaluate your income and the cost of living in your area. You may be eligible even if you have insurance, such as Medicaid or Medicare!

HIV Early Intervention Program

If you are HIV-positive, then you can receive prescription assistance with your HIV-related prescription drug costs! In order to qualify, you must be a low or moderate income Washington state resident with an HIV-seropositive diagnosis. Please call (877) 376-9316 for more information.


MusiCares Foundation

If you are a musician, you may be able to receive prescription assistance from MusiCares. They may also assist with other expenses, such as rehabilitation, psychotherapy, chronic illness costs and even rent payments! In order to qualify, you must have worked in the music industry for at least five years or have made a credited contribution to six commercially released recordings or videos. Call (800) 687-4227 for more information.

National Multiple Sclerosis Society – Greater Northwest Chapter

If you are living with MS in Washington, you may be able to receive assistance from the Greater Northwest Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society! They provide prescription assistance, durable medical equipment and even help with rent. You must prove that you have been diagnosed with MS. Call (800) 344-4867 extension 1 during business hours for more information.

Patient Advocate Foundation Co-Pay Relief

Get help with your co-pays from the Patient Advocate Foundation’s Co-Pay Relief! They provide an annual award to qualified patience and the amount is determined by your diagnosis. You may be eligible if you have chronic pain, Hepatitis C, osteoporosis, cancer or another qualifying disorder.

Washington Council for the Blind

If you are legally blind, then you can receive free prescription assistance from the Council once in your lifetime! The money is paid directly to the pharmacy. Call (800) 255-1147 for help.

Are you eligible for government health insurance?

Medicare and Medicaid can save you a lot of money!

If you are low income, pregnant or have children, then you may qualify for Medicaid. Medicaid patients have absolutely no co-pays for covered prescriptions. It only takes about 45 minutes to apply online!


Medicare Part D covers prescriptions for a monthly premium. These benefits are available for Washington residents over age 65 or who meet specific disability or diagnoses requirements. Medicare Part D, which covers prescriptions, is not free and requires a monthly premium, depending on the level of coverage you select. To discover if you are eligible or calculate your estimated premiums, click here.


prescription assistance

There are local prescription assistance programs, too!

I found many, many local agencies that will help you get your prescriptions if you can’t afford them. To keep the list easy to browse, I’ve organized them alphabetically by county.

Asotin County

Salvation Army has emergency funds for prescription assistance, groceries, auto repairs, housing, clothing, food and more. You must be an Asotin County resident in order to qualify. Call (208) 746-9653 on weekdays between 1pm and 4pm to schedule an appointment.

YMCA of Lewiston Clarkston may offer prescription assistance, food, shelter, transportation and so much more to victims of domestic, sexual or other crimes. Call (208) 746-9655 for more information.

Benton County

Community Action Connections Home Base Center provides prescription assistance once per year. Call (509) 786-3379 or visit the Prosser location for more information.

St. Vincent de Paul can provide prescription assistance to residents of Benton City, Richland and West Richland. They may also be able to assist with rent, utilities, clothing, furniture and more! Call (509) 946-1325 for details.

Clallam County

Ministry Assisting Neighbors in Need with Agape (MANNA) can provide up to $75 in prescription assistance every 12 months. These funds may also be used for heating, driver’s tests, utilities, drug tests, work clothing or bus passes. For details, call (360) 457-3954.

Olympic Community Action Programs serve low income Clallam and Jefferson County residents. You may be able to receive prescription assistance, rent assistance, energy assistance and more.

St. Vincent de Paul may be able to assist with prescriptions, gas, utilities and rent. Please call (360) 457-5804 to request help. A volunteer will call you back.

Clark County

Clark County Veterans Assistance Program provides funds to veterans, and their widowed spouses or dependents. They may assist with medications, rent, deposits, utilities, food, hygiene and more. You will need to provide proof of Clark County residence, honorable discharge and proof of income. Please walk in to the Vancouver office or call the program at (360) 693-7030.

Free Clinic of Southwest Washington provides assistance once per year to low income and uninsured Clark County residents. They do not assist with tranquilizers, mental health medication, birth control, or controlled substances. Call (360) 313-1392 for more information.

St. Vincent de Paul may be able to assist with medication costs. Please call (360) 579-0122 and leave a message with your name, phone number and needs.

Cowlitz County

FISH of Cowlitz County provides help to Cowlitz County residents who do not have prescription coverage. Photo ID and a valid prescription are required for service. Please contact the agency at (360) 636-1100 for more information.

Franklin County

Community Action Connections Home Base Center provides once-a-year help with medications. Visit the Pasco office or call them  at (509) 545-4042 for more information.

Tri-Cities Community Health offers sliding-scale services and prescriptions for low income Franklin County residents. The center is located at 515 W Court Street in Pasco. It’s open Monday through Friday from 8am to 8pm. It is also open on Saturdays from 8am to 5pm. Please contact the Health center at (509) 547-2204.

Grays Harbor County

Coastal Community Action Program serves Grays Harbor and Pacific Counties with prescription assistance, dental care, utility bill help and more. Please contact the agency at (360) 500-4528 on weekdays between 8am-12pm or 1pm-5pm. The agency is located at 117 E 3rd St in Aberdeen.

South Beach Christian Outreach may also be able to assist with medications. They also offer help with propane, rent, utilities, clothing and bus tokens. Residents of Ocosta, Westport, Cohassetti Beach, Grayland, and Tokeland may call (360) 268-1455 for an appointment. Vouchers are distributed Tuesdays, Thursday and Saturdays.

Island County

Friends of Friends Medical Support Fund assists residents of South Whidbey (Greenbank, Freeland, Langley, Clinton).  Call (360) 221-4535 at any time to leave a message requesting help with prescription costs.

Medical Safety Net of North Whidbey provides Oak Harbor area residents with prescription assistance or urgent dental care. Leave a message at (360) 929-3328 for assistance.

North Whidbey Help House serves residents who live between Deception Pass and Bakken Road. You may be able to receive up to $75 in emergency prescription assistance. Call (360) 675-0681 for more information.

Salvation Army may provide prescription assistance, auto repair assistance, help with GED expenses and more. Call (360) 533-1062 for more information, including open hours.

Jefferson County

Olympic Community Action Programs serves low income Clallam and Jefferson residents with medications, rent, utilities, energy assistance and more. Contact (360) 385-2571 weekdays during business hours.

King County

Auburn Food Bank offers financial assistance to those within Auburn School District boundaries. You may use the funds for medications, eviction prevention, utility bills and more. You can receive help once per year!  Bring photo ID, address verification and a written prescription.  Food service assistance does not require any ID or proof of qualification.

Department of Community and Human Services Veteran’s Program provides assistance with medications, housing, utilities, food, hygiene, haircuts, professional licensing costs, bus tickets and more. In order to qualify, you must have a veteran or active duty military member in your household. You must live in King County, have a low income and meet other requirements. Clients can call (206) 477-8282 for more information. There are offices in both Renton and Seattle.

Domestic Violence Community Advocacy Program assists victim of current or recent domestic violence. You may be able to receive help with medications, rent, deposits, utilities, clothing, food, diapers and more! You must be low income and a domestic violence survivor in order to qualify. For more information, call (206) 442-8398.

Enumclaw Helping Hands has limited funds for medications, gasoline and sometimes even dental extractions! This agency only serves residents who live in the zip codes 98010 (Black Diamond), 98022 (Enumclaw) and parts of 98051 (Ravensdale and Selleck) zip codes. Contact (360) 825-6188 on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday mornings for details.

HopeLink is my favorite King County resource!

Read about how they helped my family here.

Hopelink Emergency Financial Assistance has locations in Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, Shoreline and Carnation. Hopelink can assist with prescription costs, bus tickets, utility bill expenses and so much more.

Plateau Outreach Ministries serves residents of Enumclaw, Black Diamond, Buckley, Burnette, Carbonado, Greenwater, Wilkeson and South Prairie. Call (360) 825-8961.

St. James Episcopal Church may assist with one medication per person per year. In order to qualify, you must live in Kent and either have children, a disability or be a senior citizen. They do not assist with pain medications. Call (253) 852-4100 for more information.

Tolt Congregational United Church of Christ provides up to $75 for either prescriptions, groceries, rent, utilities or other needs. They serve residents of North Bend, Fall City, Carnation, Snoqualmie and Duvall once every six months. More information may be available at (425) 333-4254.

Vashon Youth & Family Services may provide vouchers for medications. You must live on either Vashon Island or Maury Island to qualify. Call (206) 463-5511 for more information.

Kitsap County

Kitsap County Veterans Assistance Fund can assist with medications, rent, utilities, food and more. To qualify, the client must be either a veteran or the immediate family member of a veteran. You must prove Kitsap County residency, income, honorable discharge and more. Please contact (360) 373-2397 on Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays before 3pm for details.

North Kitsap Fishline may be able to provide prescription drug vouchers for residents of Poulsbo, Suquamish, Keyport, Kingston, Hansville and Indianola, depending on funding. Please call (360) 779-5190 for more information.

St. Vincent de Paul assists residents within the Bremerton School District with antibiotic prescriptions. They may also be able to assist with other expenses. Call (360) 479-7017, ext. 2 on a Monday.

Kittitas County

Fish Food Bank Emergency Assistance Program may provide help with generic prescriptions, gas, lodging, utilities and rent. Contact (509) 925-5990 or walk in at 1407 N B St in Ellensburg for more information.

Lewis County

Kinship Caregiver Support Program can assist with medications. This program helps relatives who are raising the children of other family members, such as grandparents raising grandchildren. The program serves Mason, Lewis and Thurston county residents. They can provide help with rent, utilities, medication, furniture, auto repairs and more. Contact a Kinship Navigator at (360) 754-7629 for more information.

Mason County

Faith in Action Senior Services offers help to seniors and disabled persons who cannot afford their medications. You will need to provide proof of your age or disability, as well as the prescription itself. Contact (36) 275-0535 on weekdays for assistance.

First Baptist Church offers emergency prescription vouchers to Mason County households. You can receive $25 in assistance up to three times per year. The medication must be filled at the Fred Meyer in Shelton. After receiving help, you will need to wait 90 days before requesting help again. Contact the church at (360) 426-8461 for assistance.

Kinship Caregiver Support Program can assist with medications. This program helps relatives who are raising the children of other family members, such as grandparents raising grandchildren. The program serves Mason, Lewis and Thurston county residents. They can provide help with rent, utilities, medication, furniture, auto repairs and more. Contact a Kinship Navigator at (360) 754-7629 for more information.

North Mason Resources provides low cost medications. North Mason residents can call (360) 552-2303 for help.

Pacific County

Coastal Community Action Program serves Grays Harbor and Pacific Counties. They can assist with medications and other expenses. Call the agency at (360) 500-4528 on weekdays between 8am and 5pm.

Willapa Harbor Helping Hands provides help with medications, mortgage payments and more. They can be reached at (360) 875-5550.

Willapa Harbor Ministerial Association offers one-time assistance with medicine bills. Contact  (360) 942-7987 to apply for the Don Strunk Emergency Fund.

St. Vincent de Paul may be able to help, also. Please call (360) 642-8401 and inquire. Leave a message and someone will return your call.

Pierce County

Auburn Food Bank assists both individuals and families who reside within the Auburn School District area. They can help with medications, eviction prevention and more. You can receive help once per year. Bring photo ID, proof of address and your written prescription to the food bank on the last business day of the month.

All Saints Community Services can help low income Puyallup area residents and homeless people with medications. You will need to provide both proof of household income and a signed prescription. You can call (253) 848-2000 between 10am and 12pm on weekdays for a qualification screening.

Plateau Outreach Ministries offers limited assistance to residents of Enumclaw and the greater Plateau area. They can be reached at  (360) 825-8961.

Saint Leo’s Parish offers prescription assistance for medication co-pays. You will need to schedule an appointment to receive more than $20. They do not assist with narcotics or pain medications. Please call (253) 272-5136 extension 102 or walk into 710 S 13th St in Tacoma for service. The Parish is open Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.

Saint Martin of Tours offers limited funding. They can also assist with rent and utilities. You must live within the parish boundaries, which include part of 98424, 98354 and 98422. In order to request help, call (253) 970-9037 and leave a message.

Skagit County

Community Action of Skagit County can help Skagit County residents once per year. They can assist with medications, shelter, food, clothing and more. In order to get help, you’ll need to contact them at (360) 853-8767.

Sea Mar Homeless/Outreach Services has a Lend a Hand fund for those with no insurance or who are very low income. The agency can assist with other expenses, also. In order to get help, you’ll need to call (360) 542-8899.

Snohomish County

Salvation Army may assist with up to $100 in prescriptions per year. In order to receive help, you’ll need to bring both photo ID and proof of address to the office. You will also need your prescription. Call (425) 259-8129 in order to get help.

Snohomish County Human Services Department assists honorably discharged veterans, widows and their dependents. The funds can be used for medications and other needs. If you need it, then you can receive help once per year! In order to get help, please contact (425) 388-7255 for an appointment.

St. Vincent de Paul can assist Snohomish County residents with prescription drug costs, rent, utilities, food, household items, furniture (including delivery), beds (including delivery), and clothing. Financial assistance is provided through a voucher system and administered by a local parish. Please contact (425) 355-3504 extension 3 for more information.

Spokane County

Cheney Outreach Services serves low income residents of Cheney who reside within the Cheney School District Boundaries. Please call (509) 235-8900 in order to get help.

New Hope Resource Center may assist with medications. They only serve residents who reside within the 99033, 99055, 99009, 99021, 99025, 99026 and 99218 zip codes.

Northwest Community Center can help you find even more help with prescription assistance! Walk in to the center at 4001 North Cook in Spokane on Thursdays between 10am and 4pm for help.

Scottish Rite Foundation helps with medications when funds are available. You can contact (509) 624-5491 to see if funds are available.

Thurston County

Sacred Heart Church Emergency Outreach Program fills prescriptions at Safeway in Lacey. Low income Thurston County residents may be able to receive help when they provide both a photo ID and physician’s prescription. Pain medications are not eligible. In order to get help, contact the Church at (360) 923-0929.

Saint Vincent de Paul offers prescription drug assistance, depending on funding. If you’re interested, then contact (360) 352-7554 to see if funding is available.

Kinship Caregiver Support Program can assist with medications. This program helps relatives who are raising the children of other family members, such as grandparents raising grandchildren. The program serves Mason, Lewis and Thurston county residents. They can provide help with rent, utilities, medication, furniture, auto repairs and more. Contact a Kinship Navigator at (360) 754-7629 for more information.

Walla Walla County

Helpline Emergency Social Services can assist with prescription medications, dental care, bus passes and more. In order to be eligible, clients must live in Walla Walla and meet income guidelines. Contact Helpline at (509) 529-3377.

Whatcom County

Sea Mar has a Lend a Hand prescription fund for uninsured, low income clients. They can assist with other expenses, too! You can reach them at (360 ) 788-7155.

Yakima County

Yakima Neighborhood Health Services provides medication vouchers to qualifying clients. You can receive help up to three times per year! You’ll need to provide photo ID. You can call them at (509) 249-6232.

Get more free stuff in Washington!


Have too much month at the end of your money? Me too - and that's how Low Income Relief got started. I have over 20 years of professional research and writing experience. Over the years, I've worked as a novelist, journalist, ghostwriter and content creator. My work has been featured in various print and online publications, including USA Today,,, Legal Beagle, The Daily Herald (Provo, Utah), The Chronicle (Centralia, WA) and others. At Low Income Relief, I use my professional research and reporting experience to help low income families save money and make ends meet. It's been my full-time job since 2016, and it's truly an honor to serve you.