Skip to Content

14 Oklahoma Rental Assistance Programs

14 Oklahoma Rental Assistance Programs

Need rent help in Oklahoma? You’re not alone! Fortunately, Oklahoma has many rental assistance programs! Besides the statewide program, there are multiple community-based relief programs throughout Oklahoma that serve all of its counties. We’ve done the research for you, so let’s dive right in.

Statewide Oklahoma Rental Assistance

Regardless of where you live in Oklahoma, there are multiple rent relief programs available to you! Statewide programs are often run by large service organizations and a few are currently distributing Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) funds. Please keep in mind, that even after the ERAP ends, many of these organizations will continue providing rent relief!

Emergency Rental Assistance Program

The ERAP is a nationwide program created to provide financial relief in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Oklahoma distributes the ERAP funds through two agencies, Community Cares Partners and Community Action Partnership. Additionally, those registered in the Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Muscogee, or Quapaw tribe can apply for ERAP funding through their tribe.

What does Oklahoma’s ERAP cover?

The use of ERAP funds varies by organization. For example, Community Cares Partners may only grant ERAP funds to cover rent and utilities such as water, trash, heat, and electricity. Community Action Partnership may cover rent, utilities, and may also cover car insurance and car repair. Please contact the organization that serves your county for more information.

Who is Eligible for ERAP?

To be eligible for ERAP you must:

  • Be an Oklahoma resident
  • Be a renter
  • Have a photo ID or two forms of identification
  • Have experienced a financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic, such as a loss of job or decrease in income after March 13th, 2020
  • Have pasts due notices for utilities or rent, or an eviction notice
  • Be at or below 80% Area Median Income

How do I apply?

You can apply online, or schedule an appointment to apply in person at the Community Action Agency that serves the county you live in.

  • Members of Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Muscogee, and Quapaw tribes should refer to their tribe’s website.

Community Action Agencies

Community Action Agencies is a group of 17 agencies serving all 77 counties in Oklahoma. Each agency serves a portion of Oklahoma and is slightly different than the others. Although each agency has different priorities, most offer financial assistance such as rent and/or utility relief. Please see their directory online to find the agency that serves your county.

Society of Saint Vincent de Paul

Saint Vincent de Paul is a Catholic service agency that can offer rent relief. Most of Oklahoma is served by a Saint Vincent de Paul conference. To receive rent relief, you will need to contact the nearest Society of Saint Vincent de Paul conference (often housed at Catholic Churches). To find a conference near your home, visit their website.

Salvation Army

The Salvation Army has three locations in Oklahoma serving Oklahoma County, Canadian County, and Cleveland County. Each location offers rent and utility relief, among other services, depending on funding. To receive services, you must call them first.

Local Oklahoma Rent Relief Programs

Many of the rent relief programs in Oklahoma are run by local organizations that serve a limited area or certain population. We have organized the organizations by location for your ease.  

Central Oklahoma

Grace Center of Ardmore

Grace Center serves South Central Oklahoma. If you live in Carter, Johnston, Love, Marshall, or Murray County you may qualify! To be eligible for Grace Center’s rent relief you must have a lease, be late on rent or have an eviction order in your name, and provide identification and proof of income. To be considered, please call the Grace Center to set up an appointment. Please note, you will need to take a money management or job readiness class to receive assistance.

St. Lawrence Ministry

St Lawrence Ministry is a part of Christ The King Catholic Church. St. Lawrence can offer emergency rental relief to individuals living in their parish area. If you live in Nichols Hill, you can call them at 405-242-4590 to submit a request for assistance.

Compassionate Hands

Compassionate Hands is a Community Action Agency that serves Yukon. To qualify you must live in the 73099 zip code or Yukon Public School District. Compassionate Hands can assist with rental assistance on a limited basis. They also offer many other services such as utility assistance. To receive assistance, please call them to be considered.

Hope Center of Edmond

Hope Center of Edmond offers financial assistance, including rent relief, to those who live in the 73034, 73013, 73003, 73007, 73025, and 73012 zip code areas. For services, please apply online.

Upward Transitions

If you live in Oklahoma City and have a child/children under the age of 18 or you are over the age of 55, you may be able to receive rent relief from Upward Transitions. To qualify, you must have a late rent notice or eviction notice in your name, proof of hardship, and proof of income (or pending income). To apply, please call their office at 405-232-5507 Monday-Friday.

Piedmont Service Center

Piedmont service center serves residents in Piedmont and surrounding areas. They offer rent and utility relief on Tuesday and Thursdays from 9am-3pm. To apply please call them at 405-373-4022 or email at [email protected].

Eastern Oklahoma

Eastern Oklahoma Catholic Charities

Catholic Charities offers some rental and utility assistance but also case management. They will work with individuals to find the resources they need. They will also assist in helping you fill out assistance applications for other community action agencies. They have 9 outreach centers in Eastern Oklahoma. If you live in Tulsa, Bartlesville, Broken Arrow, McAlester, Muskogee, Poteau, Sallisaw, Stillwater, or Wilburton you may be eligible for services. Please visit their website to get contact information for each outreach center.

Caring Community Friends

Caring Community Friends serves Creek County residents living in Sapulpa, Kellyville, Kiefer, Oakhurst, or Mounds. To receive rent relief you must have a rental unit in your name and an eviction or late notice in your name. For assistance, you can submit an application online.

Wagoner Area Neighbors

Wagoner Area Neighbors serves residents of the Wagoner area. They offer many services including financial assistance for rent and/or utilities. To receive assistance you must call their office to confirm that you qualify. Their number is 918-485-2309.

Sand Spring Community Services

Sand Spring Community Services offers emergency assistance to families in the Sand Spring area of Oklahoma. They can provide rent and utility relief as well as case management and referrals. All clients must go through their 12 month “Family Forward” self sufficiency course to remain eligible for assistance. For assistance, please make an appointment by calling them at 918-245-5183.

Additional Resources

Oklahoma has many rent relief resources, but don’t forget to check out nationwide rent relief programs available to you too! For additional resources, check out this list of nationwide rent relief programs!

Marie McCollum has a Masters of Social Work from the University of Georgia. She is currently the Director of Programs for a non-profit in Decatur, Georgia.

Christy White

Sunday 4th of December 2022

I need help paying my rent

Catherine Marucci

Tuesday 6th of December 2022

Hi Christy. If you've already tried the programs listed above, it may be worth calling 211 to see if they know of anything else in your area.

Tena Pauline Bruce

Thursday 21st of July 2022

I put my wrap number in, they won’t take it! So I need rent help and utilities too!

Catherine Marucci

Friday 22nd of July 2022

Hi Tena. You can find info on paying for utilities here >>>>


Wednesday 1st of June 2022

Thank you for all you do to help us on low income. I make $9,000.00 per year on Social Security nd need to move due to crime and noise disturbance etc. All landlord does is tell me to call police. In my mind they have better things to do. I'm on section 8 and desperately need deposit help. Can you direct me anywhere? Bless you


Friday 3rd of June 2022

Thanks for letting us know! I’m glad we were able to help. Chat with Lira, she might be able to help!