Skip to Content

7+ Ways to Get Housing Assistance in Spokane WA

7+ Ways to Get Housing Assistance in Spokane WA

If you are looking for Spokane Housing Assistance, then you’re in luck! There are many agencies that will help you with both rent payments and subsidized housing units.

Spokane housing assistance

Spokane housing assistance programs can help you pay your rent!

Everyone struggles sometimes. Fortunately, there are several agencies that can assist you with paying your rent in Spokane!


First, contact DSHS if you’re looking for Spokane housing assistance. They have several programs that may be able to assist your family, including TANF cash benefits, Emergency Assistance funds, Diversion Cash Assistance (DCA), HEN, Pregnant Women’s Assistance and so much more. In order to determine what DSHS programs you might qualify for, you can contact them directly or use this eligibility calculator.

Catholic Charities of Spokane

Of course, Catholic Charities of Spokane also provides Spokane housing assistance. It is important to realize that you need a pay or vacate notice (or a utility shutoff notice) to receive assistance. They also prefer that you are referred but a Church or affiliated organization. Regardless, you can contact them at (509) 455-4963 on weekday mornings.

Spokane Homeless Coalition

The Spokane Homeless Coalition provides a centralized intake service that provides housing placement throughout Spokane. They can help you whether you have already lost your housing or if you are at risk of losing your housing. You can call (509) 325-5005 to learn more about their Spokane housing assistance programs.

Northeast Washington Housing Solutions

In fact, the HOME Program from Northeast Washington Housing Solutions is one of the coolest Spokane housing assistance programs I’ve found. This program is modeled after Section 8 and provides a two-year housing subsidy. They also have a Low Rent Public Housing Program and issue Section 8 vouchers. In order to contact them, you’ll need to call (509) 328-2953.

Salvation Army of Spokane

Certainly, the Salvation Army of Spokane is worth contacting when you’re in a crisis. This agency can help those who are facing eviction, as well as those who need help with furniture, clothing, and children’s school uniforms. If you lose your housing, then you may be interested in their transitional housing solutions and homeless shelter referrals.

Additionally, you may call the Salvation Army Referral Service at  (206) 281-4600 for help identifying other Spokane housing assistance resources.

Goodwill Industries of the Inland Northwest

If you are eligible for HEN, then Goodwill Industries of the Inland Northwest may also assist you with rent payments, security deposits and utilities. You can also receive cleaning supplies, hygiene items, and bus passes from this location. Give them a call at (509) 462-0518.

Martin Luther King Jr. Family Outreach Center

This agency may help those who live in 99022 and have children in their home. Call them at  (509) 455-8722!

We also found low-cost subsidized and affordable housing in Spokane!

If you are low income, then you may qualify for and benefit from moving into a subsidized housing unit. Here are some in your area!

Brookstone Apartments

Low-income families who meet federal poverty guidelines may be eligible for sliding-scale rent in the Brookstone Apartment complex. Call the office at (509) 923-5885 on weekdays between 9am and 6pm.

Summit View Apartments

This apartment complex offers affordable rents with included utilities. Subsidies are also available to assist residents. In addition, an on-site service coordinator can also help you find needed resources!

In order to apply, you must pay a $33 non-refundable screening fee. Additionally, you will be required to sign a 6 month lease. The office is open on weekdays between 8am and 5pm. You can reach them at (509) 327-9524

Hamilton House Apartments

If your family has an income of 30%-50% of the area’s median, then you may be able to live in the Hamilton House Apartments. Rent is calculated as 30% of a household’s qualifying income. The office is open between 8am and 5pm on weekdays and can be reached at (509) 483-9453.

Pine Villa Apartments

Families with an income of 30%-50% of the area’s median income may be able to live in the Hamilton House Apartments. Rent is calculated as 30% of a household’s qualifying income. The office is open between 8am and 5pm on weekdays. If you call them at (509) 497-6865, then they can mail an application to you.

North Cliff Terrace Apartments

These apartments provide affordable rent through the WSH Tax Credit Program. Of course, Section 8 vouchers are also accepted. Applicants must be low-income and pass a background check. For more information, please call the office at (509) 325-7088 on weekdays between 9am and 5pm.

Regal Arms Apartments

Low income families who meet certain income and resource restrictions may be able to obtain subsidized housing at this location. Please contact them at (509) 483-3405 for more information.

Regal Village Apartments

Section 8 housing is available for low-income families who meet certain income and resource restrictions. In order to learn more, please call them at (509) 448-1660.

Richard Allen Apartments

There is so much to explain! For more information, please call (509) 535-6913.

Spokane Housing Ventures

Affordable rental homes and apartments with up to four bedrooms are available through this service. You must pass a background check and meet minimum and maximum income limits. There is a $34 application fee per adult. Click here for more information or call (509) 232-0170.

Valley Place Apartments

Low income individuals and families can pay just 30% of their income in rent at this apartment complex. Call (509) 863-4382 for more information!

Westfall Village

For more information, please click here or call (509) 487-5110.

If you’re facing a housing emergency in Spokane, these resources may be able to help.

If you have questions or concerns about your rights as a tenant, you can contact the Tenants Union of Washington State at (206) 723-0500. You can also contact the Northwest Justice Project for legal assistance.

You may be able to receive LIHEAP funds to reduce the cost of your utilities! Learn how to save money on your power bills here.

Respite child care is available for children who are younger than age 7. Children can be watched for up to 72 hours at a time while you resolve a self-defined crisis. You can call (509) 535-3155 any time. Help is available 24/7.

Get more help in Washington!

Nicole leads the Low Income Relief team with over 20 years of professional research and writing experience. Nicole started Low Income Relief after a personal experience with poverty. When her husband was medically discharged from the US Army, their family experienced tremendous financial hardship. Nicole was able to gather help from multiple community agencies and move into a nearby low income housing unit in just two weeks! Since then, Nicole has been dedicated to helping low income families in crisis. She regularly spends hundreds of hours combing through countless resources to make sure that Low Income Relief has the most comprehensive and complete resource directories on the internet today. Prior to starting Low Income Relief, Nicole worked as a novelist, journalist, ghostwriter and content creator. Her work has been featured in various print and online publications, including USA Today, eHow, Livestrong, Legal Beagle, The Daily Herald, The Chronicle and more.

Ernestina Lopez

Saturday 7th of November 2020

Yes im behind on my rent from the month of October and this month rent of November im not working at the moment i was was working but they cut our hours and no they told us until they open up the lines theres no work i had knee surgery in late june so ive been off and on with work and i only recieve calfresh i really need some help

Hannah Benge

Monday 9th of November 2020

Besides the information given in this article you can always call 211 for help in your area, as well as checking out or Hope this helps! Thanks -Hannah

Martha Murphy

Tuesday 26th of February 2019

I live in Seminole Fl. Im 64 I was lied to by the landlord so my son an I had to move out. We became homeless on the coldest nights. My niece told us we could stay with her for a month our month is up and we have no place to go. Please if you could help guide us to resources to get us low income housing

Riley Thomson

Thursday 28th of February 2019

Martha, You could try for more resources in your area. I hope this helps. -Riley

Sherri Lynch

Thursday 27th of September 2018

hi im sherri lynch of kansas city,missouri. i need help badly,i just went thru a 2 year battle with cancer with my sister in law,she passed 9/9.brain was sad and i spent all my time taking care of her as her main caregiver at home.eventually HOSPICE came and walked me thru the pain meds that would help her stay comfortable at home and pass away in peace.l organized and kept her clean and fed as long as she held the journey,i also lost a job due to kidney stones and other health problems of my own,im trying to figure out how i can get health ins,and government assistance.and maybe some of my sisters ssi to help me pay for time spent/earned being her care taker instead of paying for a nursing home.she had no life insurance that im aware of.creamation and funeral was all out of pocket. but i keep hitting dead ends..hes so understanding and is willing to do anything to keep me in my home.its a rent to own.i have been here 10 years October this year.still rent to electric bill is in collections,water is about to get shut off,gas as cell will be shut off tomorrow.soon my google fiber too.and top it all off....when i was picking my sister up from rehab to bring her home to pass,my explorer blew up on I-35 and 27th street downtown during rush hour.i had to get a ride back home to get some back to my truck being towed to front street was a friday...i couldnt get there in time to get it 165.00 went to 385.00...if i had it for monday..well i didnt have money to do no car in a major home is a safe house as a life coach.... sorta... to people that needs help.or hungry,needs a shower or keep them from doing anything they would normaly regret doing..they just come to my house and leave thinking clear..,or just wants to learn to paint wall murals,or bake a wedding cake[im a master certified wedding cake designer, was the chiefs #1 cake designer at one time}with hy vee..but my health is in the i just do what i do at home..and pray something comes along.please help thanks so much if you can point me in the right direction..

Chloe Skupnick

Friday 28th of September 2018

Hi Sherri, It sounds like you're going through a really difficult time right now. I'm so sorry to hear that. Here are some resources that might be able to help you in Missouri:

I would definitely check with your local United Way ( You can also check your local Salvation Army. Some churches may be able to provide you with help temporarily or even be able to help get your bills back on track. It can be difficult with no car or phone, but I would definitely suggest starting with those places. Even if they can't provide you with direct help, they might be able to point you in the right direction in Kansas City.