There are a few relief programs in Washington DC that can help you double your food benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program and other benefit programs. If you know where to shop, you can bring home a lot more food for your money!
DC Fresh Match
Fresh Match offers incentives at 110 farmers markets and CSA programs throughout Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia. This program dollar matches all federal benefits, including SNAP EBT, WIC and Senior FMNP, that are spent at the market.
The process to double your benefits depends on which benefit program you’re using. If you’re using SNAP, just go to the information tent and swipe your EBT card to get SNAP coupons and your dollar-match vouchers. If you’re using WIC or SFMNP, you need to spend your benefits with a farmer and bring your receipt to the information tent to get your double-up vouchers.
You can use Fresh Match to double your food benefits in Washington DC at these locations:
- 14th & U (open April to November)
- Arcadia Market – Anacostia (from June to November)
- Arcadia Market – Bellevue (from June to November).
- Arcadia Market – Chinatown (from June to November)
- Arcadia Market – Deanwood (from June to November)
- Arcadia Market – Edgewood (from June to November)
- Arcadia Market – Fort Dupont (open June to November)
- Arcadia Market – Oxon Run (from June to November)
- Arcadia Market – Parkside / Mayfair (from June to November)
- Bloomingdale (open from May to December)
- C.R.I.S.P Market (open from June to November)
- Common Good City Farm (open April to October)
- Dreaming Out Loud – Georgetown Farmers Market (from September to November)
- Dreaming Out Loud – WeWork Navy Yard Market (from June to November)
- Dreaming Out Loud – The Farm at Kelly Miller Middle School
- Mount Pleasant Farmers Market
- Ward 8 (open June to November)
There are additional Fresh Match partners in Virginia at these locations:
- Falls Church
- McCutcheon / Mount Vernon
- Old Town Alexandria
Healthy Corners by DC Central Kitchen
One of these programs is Healthy Corners by DC Central Kitchen. This program offers a SNAP Match Coupon for EBT users who shop at participating stores. This program provides a $5 coupon for free fruits and vegetables when you spend at least $5 with your EBT card.
You’ll need to purchase at least one fresh or frozen produce in the transaction in order to get a coupon. You can earn up to one $5 coupon per transaction.
These coupons can only be used to purchase fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables that meet certain limits on sugar, seasoning or oil. Canned fruits and vegetables cannot be purchased with the coupon. Coupons must be used within the time they expire. The expiration date is found in the top right corner of the voucher.
Only certain Healthy Corners participating stores offer the SNAP Match program:
- A-1 Grocery at 615 Division Ave NE
- Chesapeake Big Market at 601 Chesapeake St SE
- Circle 7 at 1211 Mount Olivet Rd NE
- Economy Market at 1804 D Street NE
- Food 7 Store at 1830 Benning Rd NE
- Grubb’s Southeast Pharmacy at 1800 Martin Luther King Jr Ave SE
- Holiday Market at 3509 Wheeler Rd SE
- Newton Food Mart at 3600 12th St NE
- Surprise Grocery at 2233 Minnesota Ave SE
DC EBT Discounts
If you get EBT benefits in DC, then you don’t want to miss these EBT discounts!