Got EBT in Louisiana? If you’re receiving Louisiana food stamps benefits, you could qualify for other helpful programs as well (including cheap Internet service)! Check out our list of Louisiana benefits below.
- Advertisements -
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
7 Things You Need to Know about EBT in Louisiana
I’ve been updating this list for years now, and I’ve learned quite a bit along the way. There are some things that many people don’t know about EBT in Louisiana!
- Apply for Louisiana food stamps online. I’ve had many people tell me that the only reason they don’t have food stamps is because they’re too embarrassed to go into the office. You can apply online and skip the lines!
- You can buy fruit trees. It’s true! You can buy much more than just groceries. You can buy seeds and produce-bearing plants with your Louisiana food stamps card! You can also buy certain gift baskets and birthday cakes. Here are some other surprising things you can buy with food stamps.
- Shop smart. You may be able to get more food for your money at farmer’s markets and You-Pick Strawberry Fields!
- You may be eligible for more food stamps. Most people don’t know how their food stamps funds are calculated. Since we’ve found the exact algorithm they use, we’ve also found a few ways you may be able to increase your monthly award!
- You can get cash back (it’s legal)! With smart shopping techniques, you can put cash back in your pocket when you shop with EBT. Here’s how.
- You can shop at many places. Some retailers, such as Farmer’s Markets, often offer double-up programs where you can get twice as much food as you pay for. Bulk retailers like Costco also accept food stamps. Here’s a list of places that accept EBT.
- You can use your EBT card in other states! Not only can you shop in other states, you can also get EBT discounts in other states. All of our state lists use green titles to indicate what venues accept out-of-state EBT cards for discounts.
More Discounts with EBT in Louisiana
No matter where you live in Louisiana, you can take advantage of these incredible EBT discounts. For a list of discounts in your local area, keep reading to the end of this article!
Amazon offers discounted Amazon Prime memberships for customers who receive Georgia food stamps! In addition to free two-day shipping, Amazon Prime members get access to FREE streaming access to thousands of movies and TV shows! You’ll need to verify that you receive food stamps or Medicaid to get this incredible price.
Internet. If you qualify for EBT in Louisiana, then you may also qualify for discounted internet service! We’ve found about a dozen internet services starting at just $5/month! Get the details here.
- Sponsored Links -
Cell Phones. Individuals and families who receive Louisiana food stamps benefits may qualify for a FREE smartphone and FREE monthly cell phone plan from one of these providers.
If you qualify for Louisiana food stamps, then you may qualify for a discounted YMCA membership! Contact your local YMCA for details.
If you’ve got EBT in Louisiana, you may also qualify for this!
- Homebuyer assistance programs (including down payment assistance, Habitat for Humanity, Dollar Homes and more!)
- Legal aid
- Property tax exemptions
- Student loan assistance ($0 per month payments!)
- Summer meals (free for kids ages 18 and under!)
- Tax filing assistance
- Utility assistance(help paying electric bills, free weatherization assistance and more!)
- Pet care assistance (veterinary care grants, free pet food, free boarding and more!)
Museum Discounts with EBT in Louisiana
We’ve found several museum discounts in Louisiana! Just show your EBT Louisiana card at the admission desk to receive these great discounts. For your convenience, we’ve organized our free and discounted museum admission list alphabetically by city. We’ve also used green titles for the museums that accept EBT cards from all 50 states.
Please note that you cannot pay for admission with your EBT card. You will show your Louisiana food stamps card to receive the discount but you will need to pay the remaining admission price, if any, in cash or with a credit/debit card.
T.R.E.E. House Children’s Museum – $2 per person
Come explore the sensory-engaging, interactive fun experience at TREE House Children’s Museum! Exhibits include the Pin Screen, Shadow Room, Bernoulli Blower, Building Table, Levers and Pulleys exhibit, bank exhibit, sheriff’s car, medical center, eagle exhibit and KLAX Kid TV station.
Up to 10 family members may receive the $2 admission rate!
Knock Knock Children’s Museum – $3 per person
If you have a Louisiana Purchase EBT card and valid state ID, then you can get $3 admission for yourself and five family members!
Lake Pontchartrain Basin Maritime Museum & Research Center – FREE
“Bringing Louisiana’s Maritime History to Life,” is the mission of the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Maritime Museum. Go on a historic journey through maritime Louisiana, as you learn about boat building, underwater robots, lighthouses and more.
Louisiana Children’s Museum – $3 or less per person
After more than 30 years on Julia Street in downtown New Orleans, the LCM is taking it outside to City Park. Indoors and out, there are tons of hands-on ways to learn literacy, health and wellness, arts and culture, environmental education, and STEM.