If you are only using your New Mexico food stamps card for food, then you are missing out! Your New Mexico food stamps card can help you get discounted admission to museums, cheap Internet services, student loan forgiveness and so much more!
- Advertisements -
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Get museum admission discounts with your New Mexico food stamps card!
For your convenience, we’ve organized our free and discounted museum admission list alphabetically by city. We’ve also used green titles to indicate the museums that accept EBT cards from all 50 states. Museums with black titles only accept New Mexico food stamps cards.
It is important to remember that you cannot pay for admission with your NM food stamps card. You will show the EBT card to receive the discount but you will need to pay the remaining admission price, if any, in cash or with a credit/debit card.
Anderson Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum – $1 per person
The Albuquerque Balloon Museum is a collaborative project that provides exhibits, events, and educational opportunities. For a list of upcoming events at the Albuquerque Balloon Museum, please click here. Children three and under are always free!
Explora Science Center & Children’s Museum of Albuquerque – FREE Membership
This exciting museum invites visitors to explore ‘ideas you can touch’ through interactive exhibits, events and special educational programs. Current exhibits include gravity, water, arts, crafts, air movement, light, shadow, color, mathematics and more!
- Sponsored Links -
Millicent Rogers Museum – $1 per person
This museum celebrates the art and culture of the southwest. With an EBT card, up to five people can visit for just $1 per person!
Roswell Museum and Art Center – $3 per person
The Roswell Museum and Art Center welcomes EBT cardholders for $3 per person, up to four people per EBT card.
Georgia O’Keeffe Museum – FREE
This museum opened 11 years after Georgia O’Keeffe’s death. It showcases her paintings, creative process and inspiration. The Museum features over 3,000 pieces. Admission is free with your EBT card, but reservations are required and are only bookable within 10 days prior to your arrival date.
Sante Fe Botanical Garden – FREE
Explore the magic and wonder of nature at the Sante Fe Botanical Garden. Wander 14 acres of garden, designed by renowned landscape architect W. Gary Smith, and see why tens of thousands of people flock to this beautiful, peaceful garden every year.
Sante Fe Children’s Museum – $3 per person
You can save some serious money on admission to Sante Fe Children’s Museum if you have an EBT card! Admission is regularly $7.50 per adult and $5 per child but guests with a New Mexico food stamps card pay just $3 per person!
Did you know you these 6 important things about your New Mexico food stamps card?
- Apply for New Mexico EBT online on the government website. This is the fastest and easiest way to apply for food benefits.
- Know what you can buy. Many people think that you can only buy food with your food stamps card, but that’s not technically true. Your food stamps card can do much more than buy groceries! You can also buy seeds, produce-bearing plants, some birthday cakes and even certain gift baskets!
- Shop smart. For example, the Double Up Food Bucks program will you a 50% discount on produce just because you used an EBT card for your farmer’s markets purchase and at You-Pick Strawberry Fields!
- You may be eligible for more food stamps than you are getting. Many people are getting less than they should because they don’t get credit for all their deductions.
- You may be able to get cash back from your food stamps card legally by using rewarded shopping apps. Who doesn’t need more grocery money every month? One of our readers earned an additional $437.84 in cash just by shopping with her food stamps card!
- Did you know you can shop here?! You can use your New Mexico food stamps funds in some unexpected places. In addition to most grocery stores and gas stations, you can use your card at Costco, many farmer’s markets and even Schwan’s food delivery trucks!
Wait — you can’t afford to miss this!
Amazon offers steep discounts on Amazon Prime membership for low income customers! With your New Mexico food stamps card, you can get free two-day shipping and free streaming access for about half price. You’ll need to verify that you receive food stamps or Medicaid to get this incredible price.
Cell phones and service are available FREE from several agencies who serve low income customers. If you qualify for New Mexico food stamps, you may qualify for a FREE smartphone and FREE monthly service (including data)!
Internet is essential to daily life. You could qualify for Internet as low as $5 per month!
Power companies may provide free weatherization services, free appliances and other perks for low income customers. We’re investigating companies across America to see what hidden and relatively-unknown programs are available for their customers.
Property tax exemptions for low-income seniors and disabled veterans may be available from your local county assessor’s office. Contact your assessor’s office for more information, including income limits and application instructions.
Student loans? If you qualify for New Mexico food stamps, you also qualify for income-based repayment plans! These plans can cost you as little as ZERO dollars per month. After 20 years of on time payments, your remaining balance may be forgiven! Get the details on these low income student loan repayment plans here!
Veterinary care is so expensive! If you need help paying for pet care, we’ve found some resources for you. Get the details here!
YMCA usually offer discounts for low income individuals and families. If you’ve got New Mexico food stamps, you may be able to get a discounted membership to your local YMCA! Since details vary by location, you’ll need to contact them directly for more information.