Got Delaware EBT? If you’re looking for free stuff in Delaware, it really helps to have an EBT card. We’ve found tons of freebies and deals for people with food stamps in Delaware.
7 Things You Need to Know about Delaware EBT
After years of reporting on low income and food stamps topics, I’ve learned that there are several things that most people don’t know about their Delaware EBT benefits.
- Apply for Delaware food stamps online. I’ve had many people tell me that the only reason they don’t have food stamps is because they’re too embarrassed to go into the office. You can apply online and skip the lines!
- You can buy fruit trees. It’s true! You can buy much more than just groceries. You can buy seeds and produce-bearing plants with your Delaware EBT card! You can also buy certain gift baskets and birthday cakes. Here are some other surprising things you can buy with food stamps.
- Shop smart. You may be able to get more food for your money at farmer’s markets and You-Pick Strawberry Fields!
- You may be eligible for more food stamps. We’ve cracked the code on how the food stamps office determines your monthly food stamps allotment… and we’ve discovered ways that you can increase your monthly balance! Learn the trick that 90% of people don’t know about.
- You can get cash back (it’s legal)! With smart shopping techniques, you can put cash back in your pocket when you shop with EBT. Here’s how.
- You can shop at many places. Some retailers, such as Farmer’s Markets, often offer double-up programs where you can get twice as much food as you pay for. Bulk retailers like Costco and Schwans also accept food stamps. Here’s a list of places that accept EBT.
- You can use your EBT card in other states! Not only can you shop in other states, you can also get EBT discounts in other states. All of our state lists use green titles to indicate what venues accept out-of-state EBT cards for discounts.
Get Free Stuff with Delaware Food Stamps
If you’ve got Delaware food stamps (food benefits on a Delaware EBT card), then you can get free stuff in Delaware! You can also get some excellent deals on things like Amazon Prime.
50% off Amazon Prime
Amazon offers discounted Amazon Prime memberships for customers who receive Delaware food stamps or Medicaid! You’ll need to verify that you receive food stamps or Medicaid to get this incredible price. Sign up now!
Internet for just $5 per month?! We’ve found low-cost Internet solutions from Comcast, CenturyLink and more!
Bike Delaware has a discounted $10 membership for low income individuals and students.
Free Cell Phones & Service
You may be able to get a free cell phone and free cell phone service if you already have Delaware EBT benefits! We’ve got a full list of nationwide providers.
We’ve found many organizations that offer free and low cost computers, laptops and tablets for low income families. If you need a new or better computer, don’t miss this!
Royal Scottish Country Dance Society
The Delaware Valley Branch of the RSCDS invites low income people to join for just $35! Members can attend classes anywhere in the branch and enjoy other benefits as well.
State Parks Discounts
Delaware State Parks offer a $10 pass to low income residents, including those who qualify for Delaware food stamps! Find out what your $10 Delaware State Parks pass covers here.
Local YMCA organizations are renowned for offering low income discounts to people who need them. Check with your local YMCA for details.
Get More Free Stuff in Delaware
If you’ve got a Delaware EBT card and you’re looking for free stuff in Delaware, then you won’t want to miss these incredible deals that we’ve found! If you qualify for EBT, you will probably qualify for these as well.
- Homebuyer assistance programs
- Legal aid
- Property tax exemptions
- Student loan assistance
- Summer meals
- Tax filing assistance
- Utility assistance
- Pet care assistance
Admission Discounts with Delaware EBT
It is important to realize that you cannot pay for admission with your Delaware EBT card. You will show the EBT card to receive the discount but you will need to pay the remaining admission price, if any, in cash or with a credit/debit card.
Mt. Cuba Center – $2 per person
The Mt. Cuba Center has beautiful gardens, exhibitions and programs. With a Delaware EBT card, you can visit for just $2 per person! All you have to do is show your food stamps card at the ticketing counter.