If you’re receiving Mississippi food stamps, you could qualify for other helpful programs as well (including free Internet service)! Check out our list of benefits for EBT MS recipients below.
Please note that the museums with green titles are Museums for All participants. These venues accept EBT cards from all 50 states, so you don’t have to be a Mississippi resident to get these great deals!
Get museum admission discounts!
For your convenience, we’ve organized our free and discounted museum admission list alphabetically by city.
Lynn Meadows Discovery Center for Children – $3 per person
Explore the hands-on, sensory-rich exhibits at the Lynn Meadows Discovery Center for Children. Bring your Mississippi EBT card to the front desk to receive admission for just $3 per person. Each card entitles up to four people to discounted admission. While you’re there, thank them for being Mississippi’s first and only Museums for All partner!
Did you know your Mississippi food stamps card could be used here?!
Several of our visitors have pointed out that Mississippi EBT cards have even more uses, too! Check out these interesting statewide benefits.
- Farmer’s Markets can also accept EBT cards. Some, like Hernando Farmers Market, will double your money up to $10.
- Organic delivery services run by local farms can also accept EBT. Since the full-share price of a CSA can be daunting and cost-prohibitive, the fact they accept EBT allows low-income families to participate in CSA programs.
- The Mississippi Market Natural Foods Co-Op offers a Limited Income Membership Entry (LIME) Program that allows people to purchase a membership for just $12. As a member, you will save 10% on grocery purchases. You can qualify for LIME if you have SNAP/EBT, WIC, SSI, Section 8 Housing, Refugee Cash Assistance, Medical Assistance or General Assistance.
- Costco also accepts EBT benefits.
- Schwans Trucks also accept EBT benefits as payment for food, but the delivery fee must be paid with another payment method.
Got Mississippi EBT?
You might qualify for these, too!
- Free Internet
- Free cell phone
- Discount spay/neuter services
- Help with energy costs
- Subsidized child care
- Up to 75% off prescriptions
- Discounted YMCA Memberships
- Pro bono legal services
- A $3 membership to National Alliance on Mental Illness
- A low-income ACLU membership
- Summer Food Service programs
You can also use your EBT MS benefits to buy these items:
- Seeds! EBT cards can buy fruit trees and vegetable seeds for gardening.
- Hot deli food that has been packaged and placed in the refrigerated section for easy reheating..
- Energy Drinks! If the drink has a nutrition facts label, it can be purchased with EBT MS. Drinks with a “supplement facts” label are not eligible because the FDA considers them supplements, not food.
- Live lobsters and other shellfish that you will eat.
- Pumpkins that are edible and not just ornamental.
- Birthday and other specially decorated cakes as long as the non-edible decorations do not exceed 50% of the purchase price of the cake.
- Gift baskets! Your EBT MS benefits can even help you purchase gifts for holidays such as Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas (including pre-filled holiday stockings and tins) as long as the food value exceeds the non-food value. For example, the federal SNAP website indicates that a stuffed holiday bear holding a small box of chocolate would NOT be eligible because the value of the bear exceeds the value of the food. However, a gift basket with snack foods or candy and a small toy would be eligible because the food clearly accounts for more than 50% of the purchase price.