Our site is ad-supported and this post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you complete a purchase using one of our links, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more about our editorial and advertising policies.
Got a MS EBT card? If you’re receiving Mississippi food stamps, you could qualify for other helpful programs as well (including free Internet service)! Check out our list of benefits for MS EBT recipients below.
7 Things You Need to Know about Mississippi Food Stamps
At Low Income Relief, we write extensively about food stamps. Our goal is to help low income people save money and get free stuff. We have a lot of content that can help you if you have MS EBT!
- Apply for Mississippi food stamps online. I’ve had many people tell me that the only reason they don’t have food stamps is because they’re too embarrassed to go into the office. You can apply online and skip the lines!
- You can buy fruit trees. It’s true! You can buy much more than just groceries. You can buy seeds and produce-bearing plants with your MS EBT card! You can also buy certain gift baskets and birthday cakes. Here are some other surprising things you can buy with food stamps.
- Shop smart. You may be able to get more food for your money at farmer’s markets and You-Pick Strawberry Fields!
- You may be eligible for more food stamps. We’ve cracked the code on how the food stamps office determines your monthly food stamps allotment… and we’ve discovered ways that you can increase your monthly balance! Learn the trick that 90% of people don’t know about.
- You can get cash back (it’s legal)! With smart shopping techniques, you can put cash back in your pocket when you shop with your MS EBT. Here’s how.
- You can shop at many places. Some retailers, such as Farmer’s Markets, often offer double-up programs where you can get twice as much food as you pay for. Bulk retailers like Costco also accept food stamps. Here’s a list of places that accept EBT. Some retailers even give you extra discounts, when you have EBT. For example, the Mississippi Market Natural Foods Co-Op offers a Limited Income Membership Entry for households that receive MS EBT benefits.
- You can use your EBT card in other states! Not only can you shop in other states, you can also get EBT discounts in other states. All of our state lists use green titles to indicate what venues accept out-of-state EBT cards for discounts.
If you qualify for MS EBT, you may be eligible for these incredible programs too!
50% off Amazon Prime
Amazon offers discounted Amazon Prime memberships for customers who have MS EBT! With this discounted Amazon Prime membership, you’ll receive free two-day shipping on your Amazon orders and you’ll also enjoy access to FREE streaming services! You’ll need to verify that you receive food stamps or Medicaid to get this incredible price.
Free Cell Phones & Service
Cell phones and service are available FREE for individuals and families who have MS EBT. Find out who offers free phones and service in your area.
Internet for just $5 per month?! We’ve found a series of low income Internet discounts from providers like Comcast, CenturyLink, AT&T, Cox Communications and more! Click here to learn how to get discounted Internet services!
Computers and laptops may be available free or cheap to Alabama food stamps recipients. These programs donate gently used and refurbished machines to low income individuals and families who need them.
At Low Income Relief, our goal is to help everyone with MS EBT save money and get free stuff. If you’ve got MS EBT, you may also be eligible for these programs:
- Legal aid
- Prescription discounts
- Student loan assistance ($0 per month payments!)
- Summer meals (free, for kids ages 18 and under)
- Tax filing assistance
- Utility assistance (electric bills, etc)
- Veterinary care grants, free pet food and more
Get museum admission discounts with your MS EBT card!
For your convenience, we’ve organized our free and discounted museum admission list alphabetically by city. Museums with green titles are Museums for All participants. These venues accept EBT cards from all 50 states, so you don’t have to be a Mississippi resident to get these great deals!
Please note that you cannot pay for admission with your EBT card. You will show the EBT card to receive the discount but you will need to pay the remaining admission price, if any, in cash or with a credit/debit card.
Lynn Meadows Discovery Center for Children – $3 per person
Explore the hands-on, sensory-rich exhibits at the Lynn Meadows Discovery Center for Children. Bring your Mississippi EBT card to the front desk to receive admission for just $3 per person. Each card entitles up to four people to discounted admission. While you’re there, thank them for being Mississippi’s first and only Museums for All partner!