If you’re a Rhode Island resident with food stamps, you need to know about these discounts and freebies! Apparently a lot of people are searching the term ‘food stamps RI,’ so if you’re looking for that information you’ve come to the right place!
Providence Children’s Museum – FREE
EBT cardholders can play at Providence Children’s Museum for FREE! You can browse the list of exhibits, which include water play, a children’s garden and a two story climbing maze, by clicking here.
Cheap Family Fun in Rhode Island
Your Rhode Island food stamps card can also be used to shop at these locations!
Several of our visitors have pointed out that EBT cards have even more uses, too! Check out these interesting statewide benefits.
- Starbucks locations inside grocery stores!
- Subway locations inside grocery stores and gas stations can accept EBT for sandwiches.
- Farmer’s Markets can accept EBT. Many markets offer a tremendous bonus bucks program that awards you an extra $2 for every $5 you spend!
- Organic delivery services, also known as community-supported agriculture programs, may also accept EBT.
- Schwan’s Trucks, but you’ll have to use a different payment method to pay the delivery fee.
- Costco is a great place to shop – especially if you’re working on stocking up your food storage!
- Papa Murphy’s can be bought with EBT.
You can use your Rhode Island food stamps card to buy these items!
- You can buy seeds, plants and fruit trees with EBT funds.
- Look for hot deli food that has been packaged and placed in the refrigerated section for easy reheating. You can buy it on food stamps that way!
- Check the labels on Energy Drinks! Anything with a “nutrition facts” label is considered food. A “supplement facts” label means it is not covered.
- You can also splurge and buy some live lobsters and other shellfish.
- EBT benefits can buy edible (not just decorative) pumpkins, as well.
- You can buy a decorated birthday (or other celebratory) cake from the bakery as long as the non-edible decorations do not exceed 50% of the total purchase price.
- Did you know you can even buy gift baskets? Your EBT benefits can even help you purchase gifts for holidays, including pre-filled holiday stockings and tins, as long as the food value exceeds the non-food value. Check out the description on the federal SNAP website for more information.
Thanks for visiting our food stamps RI post!