A lot of people are asking, can you use EBT on Amazon? The answer is yes, you can! Save more money while quickly finding the products and food items you need easily from the comfort of your home.
We have found the answers to some of the most common questions regarding Food Stamps/SNAP benefits and EBT card capabilities. Take advantage of some of the deals that Amazon has to offer to low income individuals and families. Learn about how it all works and start saving NOW!
Food Stamps, EBT cards or SNAP benefits can be accepted as eligible Amazon payments in select states. Applicable users will receive access to free shipping, low prices every day and a freshness guarantee. Learn more about what kinds of benefits these programs may offer to you and submit an application if you meet the eligibility requirements!
Food Stamps, SNAP benefits and EBT cards
CalFresh is a nutrition program designed to provide individuals and households with access to purchase healthy food items. Formerly known as the Food Stamps Program in California, this program is nationally known as the federally funded program ‘SNAP.’ Benefits are issued on an EBT card, which allows households to buy food items at most grocery stores as well as many farmer’s markets.
EBT Card Benefits and How to Use Them
- Add your SNAP or EBT card as a payment option on your Amazon account.
- Receive access to shop Amazon groceries, Amazon Pantry and Amazon Fresh.
- When checking out, just enter your SNAP or EBT PIN to pay just as you would at the grocery store.
Amazon Shopping Options
As previously stated, there are 3 categories made available to low income customers using government aid to shop on Amazon. These categories are described below:
1. Amazon Groceries is a great option that offers large packs of everyday, household food items. Use your EBT card to purchase eligible items that are sold and shipped by Amazon and receive FREE shipping on orders over $25!
2. Amazon Pantry is another great option that offers a selection of every day food items in standard sizes typically found in stores. Shop for items labeled ‘Amazon Pantry’ and also receive FREE shipping on orders over $35.
3. Amazon Fresh is only available in select regions and offer access to fresh produce, meat and more. Simply add your SNAP or EBT card as a payment option on Amazon and remember to look for items labeled ‘Amazon Fresh.’ Receive FREE shipping on orders over $35, however New York residents will receive FREE shipping on orders over $50 only.
Prime Rates for EBT and Medicaid
Additionally, Amazon offers discounted rates for Prime to those with EBT or Medicaid cards. All you need to do is register a valid EBT or Medicaid card to receive access to ALL Prime benefits for a discounted monthly rate!
Visit our Amazon Prime article to learn more about the Prime benefits.