Get a discount on your Oregon State Parks Pass!

(Last Updated On: April 6, 2019)

Oregon State Parks are amazing! Do you qualify for FREE day use and FREE camping at Oregon State Parks? The answer is YES if you’re a veteran, an active-duty military member on leave or a foster family! Find out how you can save money on your Oregon State Parks adventures.

Looking to save money on state parks in another state?
Click here now!

Veterans with any degree of service-connected disability get a FREE Special Access Pass.

Veterans with ANY level of service-connected disability can receive a Special Access Pass. This program does not appear to be limited to Oregon State residents! All you need is a letter from the US Department of Veteran’s Affairs stating that you have a service-connected disability and a completed application!

Download the application in PDF form here. You can send it by mail or deliver it in person. They’ll process it and send you your Special Access Pass card in the mail. The card is valid for four years! To renew, all you have to do is sign and return the reminder postcard that they’ll send you!

Already finished your visit? No worries. Send your receipt, official letter and your completed application within 30 days of the last date of your visit. You’ll receive a refund within three weeks.

Active-Duty Military on official leave can receive a refund.

Active duty military members can receive a refund if they visit an Oregon State park while on official leave. After your visit, just send the receipt for the dates of your stay and a letter from your CO indicating that you were on leave for those dates. Submit this information within 30 days of the last day of your stay and you’ll receive a refund within three weeks!

Families with Oregon Foster Children can get a FREE pass!

Oregon foster parents, guardians or parents who have adopted Oregon foster children can qualify for this special pass. You can camp in a tent, RV or standard horse campsite for up to 14 nights in a 30 day period absolutely FREE!

This benefit only applies when the pass holder and eligible children are present. To qualify, you must be a foster parent, guardian, or adoptive parent who is certified through Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS), tribal governments or the Oregon Youth Authority. Foster programs from other jurisdictions or private agencies do not qualify.

For more information about application processes, required documentation and expiry dates, please click here.

Don't miss out!

Sign up for our Low Income Freebies & Tips (LIFT) messages to get text notifications of new freebies in your area!
Powered by



  1. Kelly
    April 14, 2018
    • Nicole
      April 17, 2018
  2. Brandy
    June 18, 2018
    • Nicole
      June 20, 2018
  3. Kathy LaVassaur
    June 19, 2018
  4. Pete Renfrow
    March 19, 2019
    • Riley Thomson
      March 20, 2019

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.