Can I Buy Pizza with EBT? There are several different locations around the country that will accept EBT as an applicable form of payment. However, there are some restrictions that will apply to some of these locations.
Learn more about the Restaurant Meal Program, SNAP benefits and how to take advantage of this helpful tip!
Restaurant Meal Program Qualifications
The Restaurant Meal Program (RMP) is a state offered program created with the purpose to help expand food access for those who do not have a place to prepare, store or shop for food. There are certain qualifications to be eligible and a list of approved restaurants can be found here.
There are only 5 states that participate, including Arizona, California (only some counties), Hawaii, Illinois and Rhode Island. The restaurants that participate in the RMP category as well as their locations are described in detail here and listed below for Arizona and California:
- Arizona – 24th St Pizza & Gyros, Domino’s, Hungry Howie’s, Jimmy & Joe’s Pizzeria, Papa John’s
- California – Ameci Pizza & Pasta, Baby Bros Pizza, Big Al’s Pizza, Captain Tony’s Pizza & Pasta, Chico’s Pizza, Deli Robert’s Pizza, Dominguez Pizza, Domino’s, Fuertes NY Pizzeria, Giant Pizza King, Goody’s Pizza, Guido’s Pizza & Pasta, La Pizza Loca, Little Caesars, Papa John’s, Pizza Hut, Roman’s Pizza, Round Table Pizza, Straw Hat Pizza, Tottino’s Pizza, Valentino’s Pizza
Be sure to check with the location nearest you to see if they participate in this program or accept EBT as an eligible payment option.
Papa Murphy’s falls under the restaurant threshold and is eligible in 37 states! FindPapa Murphy’s is a well-known, Washington based, take and bake pizza company. This is one pizza location that falls under the restaurant threshold and is eligible in 37 states! This means that Papa Murphy’s does in fact accept EBT as payment.
Find the location nearest to you by using the state-by-state locator.
Food Stamps Program, SNAP Benefits include:
The Food Stamps/SNAP Benefits program is based on eligibility through state agencies with strict requirements for recipients. Simply purchase what you can bring home and prepare yourself and items like breads, cereals, fruits, vegetables, meats and more. However, there are exclusions such as hot foods, restaurants, alcohol, tobacco and other non-food items.
There are some exceptions and authorizations for some areas for individuals who are homeless, elderly or disabled to receive RMP benefits based on the reasonings described below. Learn more about the details of the program here as well:
- Homeless individuals and/or households must lack a regular nighttime residence or be living in a halfway house, shelter or a place not designed for sleeping, including temporary living situations.
- Elderly individuals and/or households must all be age 60 or older, or be an elderly individual with a spouse.
- Disabled individuals and/or households must all be designated as disabled by the government, or be a disabled individual with a spouse.
Looking for More?
Check out this Low Income Relief article that provides other known locations to accept EBT as payment here. Below, we have listed some of the pizza places for each participating state as well, however these locations may vary by county:
- Arizona – 24th St Pizza & Gyros, CiCi’s Pizza, Domino’s Pizza, Hungry Howie’s, Jimmy & Joe’s Pizzeria, Papa John’s
- California – Ameci Pizza, Big Al’s Pizza, Captain Tony’s Pizza, Domino’s Pizza, Goody’s Pizza, Ingleside Pizza, La Pizza Loca, Laventina’s Pizza, Little Caesar’s Milan Pizza, Napoli Pizza, New Supremo Pizza, New York Pizza Kitchen, Pizza Hut, Pizza XPress, Round Table Pizza, Royalty Pizza Cafe, Straw Hat Piza, Taj Pizza, Templeton Pizza, Totino’s Pizza, Uncle Val’s Pizza, Veraci Pizza
- Florida – Pizza Hut
- Washington – Leonardi’s, Figaro’s