Spectrum offers low income discounts through their Spectrum Internet Assist program! This program offers high-speed Internet with no data caps for just $17.99 per month!
For this low price, you’ll receive high-speed Internet with speeds of up to 30 Mbps download and 4 Mbps upload! There are no data caps and no contracts required. You’ll also receive a free Internet Modem. For $5 more per month, you can add in-home Wi-Fi!
Who qualifies for Spectrum Internet Assist?
To qualify, you must meet all of these criteria:
- You must live in an area where Charter Spectrum Internet Assist is available. Click here and enter your zip code to see if service is available in your area!
- You must NOT be a current Charter Communications or Spectrum Internet subscriber (or have subscribed within the last 30 days)
- You must not have any outstanding debt to any Charter Communications company that is less than a year old.
- You must not have any outstanding debt for previous Spectrum Internet Assist services.
You must also meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Your household includes at least one child who is enrolled in the free or reduced cost lunch program (National School Lunch Program (NSLP).)
- You participate in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) of the NSLP.
- You are age 65 or older and receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Please note that SSI is different than Social Security Disability (SSD), Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Social Security Retirement and Survivor Benefits (SSRSB). Only SSI can be used to qualify for Spectrum Internet Assist!
How much is Spectrum Internet Assist?
When I updated this article today, I noticed that Spectrum has conveniently removed any reference to price from their website. I spoke to a Spectrum representative named Charles who told me the service is currently $17.99 per month plus an option $5 per month for in-home WiFi.
Maybe. The fine print says:
*SPECTRUM INTERNET ASSIST: Limited time offer; subject to change; not transferable. Availability of offer based on eligibility and service address…. Install, equipment, taxes, fees and surcharges may be extra; additional services are extra. Equipment, activation and installation fees may apply. VOICE SERVICE: Taxes and fees included in price.”
When I spoke to a Spectrum customer service agent, they repeatedly stressed that this service is much slower in certain areas and completely unavailable in others. Be sure to talk to the customer service agent about what speeds you can expect in your area before you sign up for this service!
How can I sign up?
You can sign up on the Spectrum website.
Frequently Asked Questions about Spectrum Internet Assist
Since Spectrum isn’t very transparent about this program, we get a lot of questions. Browse the FAQ below and let us know in the comments if you have additional questions!
Does Spectrum Internet Assist include WiFi?
No, Spectrum Internet Assist does not include WiFi. You can add WiFi for an extra $5 per month.
What is the speed for Spectrum Internet Assist?
Spectrum currently advertises a speed of up to 30 Mbps for their Internet Assist program. It is worth noting that Comcast’s Internet Essentials program is cheaper and faster.
How much does Spectrum Internet actually cost?
The Spectrum Internet Assist program is currently $17.99 plus $5 for in-home WiFi. The prices are not listed on the Spectrum website. I confirmed this with a Spectrum representative.
How do I get free Internet through my Spectrum Internet Assist?
You can get this internet for free if you apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program. The $30 subsidy will more than offset the cost of the Spectrum Internet Assist plan.