If you’re receiving Kansas food stamps, you could qualify for other helpful programs as well (including free Internet service)!
- Advertisements -
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
7 Things You Need to Know about Kansas Food Stamps
At Low Income Relief, we write extensively about food stamps. Our goal is to help low income people save money and get free stuff. We have a lot of content that can help you if you have Kansas food stamps!
- Apply for Kansas food stamps online. I’ve had many people tell me that the only reason they don’t have food stamps is because they’re too embarrassed to go into the office. You can apply online and skip the lines!
- You can buy fruit trees. It’s true! You can buy much more than just groceries. You can buy seeds and produce-bearing plants with your Kansas food stamps card! You can also buy certain gift baskets and birthday cakes. Here are some other surprising things you can buy with food stamps.
- Shop smart. You may be able to get more food for your money at farmer’s markets and You-Pick Strawberry Fields!
- You may be eligible for more food stamps. We’ve cracked the code on how the food stamps office determines your monthly food stamps allotment… and we’ve discovered ways that you can increase your monthly balance! Learn the trick that 90% of people don’t know about.
- You can get cash back (it’s legal)! With smart shopping techniques, you can put cash back in your pocket when you shop with EBT. Here’s how.
- You can shop at many places. Some retailers, such as Farmer’s Markets, often offer double-up programs where you can get twice as much food as you pay for. Bulk retailers like Costco and Schwans also accept food stamps. Here’s a list of places that accept EBT.
- You can use your EBT card in other states! Not only can you shop in other states, you can also get EBT discounts in other states. All of our state lists use green titles to indicate what venues accept out-of-state EBT cards for discounts.
Got a Kansas food stamps card? Get FREE stuff and discounts!
50% off Amazon Prime
Amazon offers discounted Amazon Prime memberships for customers who receive Kansas food stamps! Amazon Prime members receive both free two-day shipping and access to FREE streaming access to thousands of titles! You’ll need to verify that you receive food stamps or Medicaid to get this incredible price.
Free Cell Phones & Service
Cell phones and service are available FREE for individuals and families who receive Kansas food stamps benefits. Find out who offers free phones and service in your area.
Internet for just $5 per month?! It’s true! We’ve found a series of low income Internet discounts from providers like Comcast, CenturyLink, AT&T and more! Click here to learn how to get discounted Internet services!
- Sponsored Links -
Computers and laptops may be available free or cheap to Alabama food stamps recipients. These programs donate gently used and refurbished machines to low income individuals and families who need them.
Veterinary care can be so expensive! Spay & Neuter Kansas offers low-cost alterations. We’ve also found programs that provide both grants and low-cost loans to low income pet owners. Click here to find more details!
At Low Income Relief, our goal is to help everyone with Virginia EBT save money and get free stuff. If you’ve got Kansas food stamps, you may also be eligible for these programs:
- Legal aid
- Prescription discounts
- Student loan assistance ($0 per month payments!)
- Summer meals (free, for kids ages 18 and under)
- Tax filing assistance
- Utility assistance (electric bills, etc)
- Veterinary care grants, free pet food and more
And YMCA organizations typically offer discounts for low income individuals and families. Contact your local YMCA for details.
Get in FREE or cheap with an Kansas food stamps card!
For your convenience, we’ve organized our free and discounted museum admission list alphabetically by city. We also use green titles to distinguish museums that accept EBT cards from all 50 states.
It is important to realize that you cannot pay for the museum admission with your Kansas food stamps card. You will need to show your Kansas food stamps card to receive the discount and then you will need to pay for the remaining admission price with cash.
Matt Ross & Tomahawk Ridge Community Centers – 50% Off
Residents of Overland Park who meet HUD income guidelines can receive 50% off the community center membership price. You must complete a scholarship application and provide documentation of income. You can use either one month’s income or the previous years’ income tax return.
Museum at Prairiefire – FREE
This museum contains innovative science, arts and natural history exhibits. They collaborate directly with New York’s famous American Museum of Natural History, which provides unprecedented access to their exhibitions and resources. Bring your immediate family for FREE with an EBT card!
Kansas Children’s Discovery Center – $3
The Kansas Children’s Discovery center features multiple galleries for children to explore. They can get messy in the art gallery, construct creations in the building gallery, and explore careers in the career gallery. Science and money have their own exhibits, too. My favorite? The Flo-Graphix display where children use florescent geometric shapes and black lights to create awesome works of art!
Families with an EBT card can receive admission for just $3. Up to 6 people may be admitted for this discounted rate.