If you’re receiving Hawaii food stamps, you could qualify for other helpful programs as well (including free Internet service)! If you’re looking for EBT Hawaii benefits, this is the post you’ve been looking forward to.
7 Tips about EBT in Hawaii
- Apply for Hawaii food stamps online. Sometimes, we’ll get comments from people who are too nervous to apply in person. The good news is that you can apply online and skip the lines!
- You can buy fruit trees. It’s true! You can buy much more than just groceries. You can buy seeds and produce-bearing plants with your Hawaii food stamps card! You can also buy certain gift baskets and birthday cakes. Here are some other surprising things you can buy with food stamps.
- Shop smart. You may be able to get more food for your money at farmer’s markets and You-Pick Strawberry Fields!
- You may be eligible for more food stamps. We’ve cracked the code on how the food stamps office determines your monthly food stamps allotment… and we’ve discovered ways that you can increase your monthly balance! Learn the trick that 90% of people don’t know about.
- You can get cash back (it’s legal)! With smart shopping techniques, you can put cash back in your pocket when you shop with Hawaii food stamps. Here’s how.
- You can shop at many places. Sure, you can spend your food stamps at the grocery store down the street… but you may be able to get better deals from places like Costco and even Community Supported Agriculture programs! Check out Hawaii Food Basket for a great, EBT-friendly CSA in Hawaii! Some retailers, such as Farmer’s Markets, often offer double-up programs where you can get twice as much food as you pay for. In Hawaii, get a DA BUX card to get this fantastic benefit at many retailers.
- You can use your EBT card in other states! Not only can you shop in other states, you can also get EBT discounts in other states. All of our state lists use green titles to indicate what venues accept out-of-state EBT cards for discounts.
Got a Hawaii food stamps card? Get incredible discounts!
50% off Amazon Prime
Amazon is one of my favorite EBT discounts. Your Hawaii food stamps card can help you get free two-day shipping and free streaming access for about half price. Claim your discount now!
FREE Cell Phones & Service
Stop paying for cell phone service! If you have EBT, you likely also qualify for these FREE smartphones and FREE monthly service plans (including data)! Just pick a provider to get started.
Low income individuals and families may qualify for a new or better computer for free! Try this.
Can’t afford the YMCA’s normal rates? If you’re low income, you may be able to get a scholarship or discount.
- Homebuyer assistance programs
- Legal aid
- Property tax exemptions
- Student loan assistance ($0 per month payments!)
- Summer meals (free for kids ages 18 and under!)
- Tax filing assistance
- Utility assistance (help paying electric bills, free weatherization assistance and more!)
- Pet care assistance (veterinary care grants, free pet food, free boarding and more!)
- Hawaii Humane offers low-cost spay and neuter services.
- Prescriptions can be cheaper with a Hawaii RX card!
Have fun for less $$ with your Hawaii food stamps!
Kroc Center Hawaii offers scholarships to low income individuals and families! All you have to do is visit the Member Services Desk to apply. Scholarships can be used to pay for membership, youth camps and classes!
East-West Center Arts Program in Hawaii is Hawaii’s first Museums-for All partner! They offer performances and exhibitions “by the finest artists and performers in the Asia Pacific region,” and admission is free. If you’re looking for affordable fun in Hawaii, check out these lists:
- 10 Best Free Activities & Attractions on Oahu (Go Visit Hawaii)
- Best Free Attractions & Activities on Kauai (Go Visit Hawaii)
- Top 10 Free Things to Do on Maui (Pride of Maui)
- and for some less well-known attractions, check out this list from Atlas Obscura!