A Montana food stamps card can do so much more than buy groceries and give you cash benefits. It can also be used for discounted admission, growing a garden and so much more! Check out all the awesome and unadvertised Montana food stamps perks we’ve discovered!
Please note that the museums with green titles are Museums for All participants. These venues accept EBT cards from all 50 states, so you don’t have to be a Montana resident to get these great deals!
Get museum admission discounts!
Wise Wonders Children’s Museum – $3 per person
Wise Wonders is a new children’s museum in Billings that has a STEM focus. They provide countless interactive exhibits involving science, technology, engineering and math. From blocks to pulleys to patterns, children learn while they play here.
Children’s Museum Missoula – FREE Memberships
Children ages 0-9 love spending time at the Children’s Museum of Missoula. With a pretend grocery, fishing, water works, Dr. Kid’s Office, a Dino Dig and so much more, they’re sure to be endlessly entertained! I just spoke with a representative at the Children’s Museum who said that sponsored memberships are available. You just need to fill out a sponsorship application and you’ll get unlimited admission all year long!
spectrUM Discovery Area – $3 or less per person
The spectrUM Discovery Area is a hands-on science center that provides hands-on STEM opportunities for children. Anyone under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
You may also qualify for this!
If you receive Montana food stamps benefits, you may also be eligible for these great programs:
- Sliding Scale Services from Southwest Montana Community Health
- Discounted veterinary services
- Free/Reduced school lunches
- Free Internet
- Free cell phone & service
Did you know your Montana food stamps card can also do this?!
It’s easy to be confused about what you can and can’t buy with your food stamps benefits. However, we’ve found some interesting items that we thought couldn’t be purchased with food stamps… yet they can!
- Farmer’s Markets
- Community Supported Agriculture programs, like Western Montana Growers Cooperative and Enough Abundance to Share (EATS), accept EBT benefits. The MSLA Community Food Coop offers a Double SNAP Dollars program that lets you get twice as much for your money!
- Starbucks! EBT can be used at Starbucks locations that are located inside a grocery store.
- Subway! EBT cards may be usable at Subway locations inside gas stations as long as the sandwich isn’t toasted. This isn’t always the case, but it has been possible on occasion.
- Schwan’s Trucks also accept EBT benefits. Order online, by phone or on the app. Please note that food stamps benefits will not cover the delivery charge. Make sure you can pay the delivery charge before you order! If you can’t pay the delivery charge, you will not be allowed to keep your order.
- Sam’s Club
- Papa Murphy’s
- Dollar Tree
You can also use your Montana EBT benefits to buy these items:
- Hot deli food that has been packaged and refrigerated
- Energy drinks that have a nutrition facts label
- Live lobsters & shellfish
- Bakery-decorated birthday cakes
- Gift baskets that include food items
Read more about this on the federal SNAP website.