A Montana food stamps card can do so much more than buy groceries and give you cash benefits. It can also be used for discounted admission, growing a garden and so much more! Check out all the awesome and unadvertised Montana food stamps perks we’ve discovered!
6 Things You Need to Know About Montana EBT!
- Apply for Montana EBT online on the government website. This is the fastest and easiest way to apply for food benefits.
- Did you know you can buy this?! You can buy seeds and produce-bearing plants with your Montana food stamps card! You can also buy certain gift baskets and birthday cakes. We’ve got all the info, straight from the USDA!
- You may be eligible for more food stamps! Do you run out of food stamps funds before the end of the month? Most people do. We’ve done a lot of research and found some easy, legal ways that you can increase the amount of food stamps money you get each month.
- You may be able to get cash back from your food stamps card legally by using rewarded shopping apps. One of our readers earned an additional $437.84 in cash just by shopping with her food stamps card!
- Did you know you can shop here?! Did you know that Costco, farmer’s markets and even you-pick strawberry fields can accept EBT benefits?
- Many community supported agriculture programs, including Western Montana Growers Cooperative and Enough Abundance to Share (EATS), accept EBT. The MSLA Community Food Coop even offers a Double SNAP Dollars program that lets you get twice as much for your money!
Enjoy fresh, healthy food with Montana’s Double SNAP Dollars program!
Montana has the Double SNAP Dollars program that allows you to use your SNAP or EBT card to purchase double the fresh fruits and vegetables at participating farmer’s markets. The Double SNAP Dollars program will match your purchase or fresh produce, dollar for dollar up to $30 per day when you use your SNAP or EBT card.
Here are four easy steps to follow to get you started:
- Step 1: Visit a Double SNAP Dollars Location and go to the market’s information booth to learn more about the program.
- Step 2: Swipe your EBT or SNAP card to receive SNAP and Double SNAP matching tokens.
- Step 3: Double your dollars to buy fresh fruits and vegetables at participating vendor locations (up to $30 per day).
- Step 4: Enjoy and tell your friends about Double SNAP Dollars.
Most of the participating locations of the Double SNAP Dollars program are at farmer’s markets, but the following two retail locations have programs that will match your purchase up to a certain dollar amount:
- Camas Organic Market
- 300 Main St. Hot Springs, MT 59845.
- Earn up to $10 on Tuesdays & Thursdays. Redeem on any day, Monday – Saturday.
- 300 Main St. Hot Springs, MT 59845.
- The Produce Market – Billing, MT
- Earn up to $20 in Double SNAP every day of the week!
Here is a list of the participating Farmers Market locations where you can get double your money for certain food items:
- Anaconda Community Market
- 305 Main St. Kennedy Common Anaconda, Montana 59711.
- Bigfork Village Market
- 191 Mill St. Bigfork, MT 59911
- Bozeman Winter Farmers Market
- Gallatin County Fairgrounds, Building 1; 901 Black Ave Bozeman, Montana 59715.
- Butte Farmers Market
- West Park St. Butte, Montana 59701 (Summer Site).
- Butte Plaza Mall Butte, Montana 59701 (Winter Site).
- Clark Fork Market
- 101 Carousel Dr. Misssoula, Montana Mossoula.
- Clark Fork Organic
- 542 Tower Street Farmstand, 542 U Tower, Missoula, Montana 59804.
- Columbia Falls Community Market
- 830 1st Ave W Columbia Falls, Montana 59912.
- Cultivating Connections / Homestead Organics Farm
- 175 Skalkaho Hwy Hamiltonn , Montana 59840.
- Eureka Chamber Farmers Market
- General Pershing Park, 400 Dewey Avenue Eureka, MT 59917.
- Farmers Market at Libby
- 905 W 9th St. Libby, MT 59923.
- Glacier Tilth Farm
- 11418 MT Hwy 200 Dixion, Montana 59831.
- Good Mama Farm
- 200 Pony Rd. PO Box 174 Harrison, MT 59735.
- Hamilton Farmers Market Co-Op
- Bedford & 3rd Street in Hamilton, Montana 59840.
- Harlequin Organic Produce
- 72664 Heart View Ln Arlee, Montana 59821.
- Harlo Farmers Market
- Chief Joseph Park 3rd St W Harowton, MT 59036.
- Healthy by Design Gardeners Market
- South Park, Billings, Montana 59101.
- Helena Farmers’ Market
- Fuller Avenue Helena, Montana 59601.
- Helena Farmers’ Market – Tuesday Market
- Main Street Park – East Helena East Helena, Montana 59624.
- Kalispell Farmers Market
- Flathead Valley Community College, 777 Grandview Dr. Kalispell, Montana 59903.
- Long Step Farm
- 16660 Thunderbolt Ln Frenchtown, MT 59834.
- Missoula Farmers Market
- 534 N Higgins Ave, Missoula, MT 59802 Across From the XXXX’s Missoula, Montana 59802.
- Missoula Food Bank & Community Center
- 1720 Wyoming St. Missoula, MT 56801.
- Missoula Valley Winter Market
- 2901 Brooks St. Missoula, Montana 59801.
- West Entryway of the Southgate Mall (next to Scheel’s – entrance that faces Bitterroot Railroad)
- 2901 Brooks St. Missoula, Montana 59801.
- Moon River Ranch
- 1st St. Clinton, MT 59825.
- Orchard Homes Farmers Market
- 2537 S 3rd St W Missoula, Montana 59804.
- Polson Farmers Market
- 11 3rd Ave West Polson, Montana 59860.
- Red Lodge Farmers Market
- Lions Park Red Lodge, Montana 59068.
- River Valley Farmers Market
- 200 N Center Ave. Hardin, Montana 59034.
- Ronan Farmers Market
- Ronan Visitor Center, 155-199 US-93 Ronan, Montana 59864.
- Troy Farmers Market
- Troy Museum (700 E. Missoula Ave.) Troy, MT 59935.
- Wednesday Afternoon Farmers Market at O’Hara Commons
- 111 S. 4th St Hamilton, Montana 59840.
- Western Montana Growers Cooperative
- 1500 Burns Street Ste. C Missoula, Montana 59802.
- Whitefish Farmers Market
- Depot Parket and Central Ave Whitefish, Montana 59937.
- WSE’s Livingston Farmers Market
- 229 River Dr. Livingston, Montana 59047.
- Yellowstone Valley Farmers Market
- 2nd Ave N and N Broadway Billings, MT 59101.
Get incredible discounts with your Montana food stamps card!
Amazon offers discounted Amazon Prime memberships for customers who have a Montana food stamps card! With this discounted Amazon Prime membership, you’ll receive free two-day shipping on your Amazon orders and access to FREE streaming services! You’ll need to verify that you receive food stamps or Medicaid to get this incredible price.
Cell phones and service are available FREE for individuals and families who have a Montana food stamps card. Find out who offers free phones and service in your area.
Internet is available at low-cost from providers like Comcast, CenturyLink, AT&T and more! These low income Internet services start at just $5 per month!
Power companies often offer special programs for low income customers. If you’ve got a Montana food stamps card, then you may be able to save money on your power bill!
Property tax exemptions may be available for eligible low income seniors and disabled veterans. You’ll need to contact your county for more information, including income limits and application instructions.
Sliding scale health care services from Southwest Montana Community Health are available to low income residents who live nearby.
Student loans feature special repayment programs for low income borrowers. Get the details on these low income student loan repayment plans here!
Veterinary care can overwhelm a low income budget… but we found agencies that can help! Get the details here!
YMCA organizations typically offer discounts for low income individuals and families. If you have a Montana food stamps card, then you may qualify for a discounted YMCA membership! Contact your local YMCA for details.
Get museum admission discounts with your Montana food stamps card!
Museums with green titles are Museums for All participants. These venues accept EBT cards from all 50 states, so you don’t have to be a Montana resident to get these great deals!
It is important to remember that you cannot pay for admission with your EBT card. You will show the EBT card to receive the discount but you will need to pay the remaining admission price, if any, in cash or with a credit/debit card.
Moss Mansion Museum – $3 or less per person
The Moss Mansion Museum is a turn-of-the-century home built in 1093. It is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Western Heritage Center – $3 per person or less
The Western Heritage Museum features interactive exhibits, walking tours, traveling displays and more.
Wise Wonders Children’s Museum – $3 per person
Wise Wonders is a new children’s museum in Billings that has a STEM focus. They provide countless interactive exhibits involving science, technology, engineering and math. From blocks to pulleys to patterns, children learn while they play here.
$10 family memberships are also available with showing your EBT card!
Yellowstone Art Museum – $3 or less per person
The Yellowstone Art Museum showcases art to interest people of all ages. As a Museums for All member, they offer an EBT discount.
Montana Science Center – FREE
Children of all ages can learn through play at Montana Science Center! This exciting and inventive space features a toddler area, a high-tech learning lab, hands-on science displays, circuit studio, Explore Montana play space and a scientific “playground for the mind.” With an EBT card, your family can visit for free!
ExplorationWorks – $3 per person
A hands-on, STEM museum, this museum has recently reopened in a new, bigger facility, with exhibits that will excite teens and small children. Check out the new TechLab!
Missoula Insectarium – FREE
Explore the Missoula Insectarium’s 18 aquariums and terrariums full of live arthoropods, including butterflies and tarantulas! Docents, also known as bug ambassadors, can introduce you to 40 different species. Complete a scavenger hunt, hold some new creatures and watch a tarantula feeding FREE with your EBT card!
As of August 2019, their Front Street location is closed while they work to build a new, larger facility. Check out their online offerings!
Montana Natural History Center – FREE
Explore Missoula’s glacial lake, see life-sized dinosaur fossils, discover ecosystems and play in the kids’ discovery room at Montana Natural History Center! Your visit is FREE with an EBT card.
spectrUM Discovery Area – FREE
The spectrUM Discovery Area is a hands-on science center that provides hands-on STEM opportunities for children. Anyone under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.