Our site is ad-supported and this post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you complete a purchase using one of our links, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more about our editorial and advertising policies.
A Montana food stamps card can do so much more than buy groceries and give you cash benefits. It can also be used for discounted admission, growing a garden and so much more! Check out all the awesome and unadvertised Montana food stamps perks we’ve discovered!
6 Things You Need to Know About Montana EBT!
- Apply for Montana EBT online on the government website. This is the fastest and easiest way to apply for food benefits.
- Did you know you can buy this?! You can buy seeds and produce-bearing plants with your Montana food stamps card! You can also buy certain gift baskets and birthday cakes. We’ve got all the info, straight from the USDA!
- You may be eligible for more food stamps! Do you run out of food stamps funds before the end of the month? Most people do. We’ve done a lot of research and found some easy, legal ways that you can increase the amount of food stamps money you get each month.
- You may be able to get cash back from your food stamps card legally by using rewarded shopping apps. One of our readers earned an additional $437.84 in cash just by shopping with her food stamps card!
- Did you know you can shop here?! Did you know that Costco, farmer’s markets and even you-pick strawberry fields can accept EBT benefits?
- Many community supported agriculture programs, including Western Montana Growers Cooperative and Enough Abundance to Share (EATS), accept EBT. The MSLA Community Food Coop even offers a Double SNAP Dollars program that lets you get twice as much for your money!
Get incredible discounts with your Montana food stamps card!
Amazon offers discounted Amazon Prime memberships for customers who have a Montana food stamps card! With this discounted Amazon Prime membership, you’ll receive free two-day shipping on your Amazon orders and access to FREE streaming services! You’ll need to verify that you receive food stamps or Medicaid to get this incredible price.
Cell phones and service are available FREE for individuals and families who have a Montana food stamps card. Find out who offers free phones and service in your area.
Internet is available at low-cost from providers like Comcast, CenturyLink, AT&T and more! These low income Internet services start at just $5 per month!
Power companies often offer special programs for low income customers. If you’ve got a Montana food stamps card, then you may be able to save money on your power bill!
Property tax exemptions may be available for eligible low income seniors and disabled veterans. You’ll need to contact your county for more information, including income limits and application instructions.
Sliding scale health care services from Southwest Montana Community Health are available to low income residents who live nearby.
Student loans feature special repayment programs for low income borrowers. Get the details on these low income student loan repayment plans here!
Veterinary care can overwhelm a low income budget… but we found agencies that can help! Get the details here!
YMCA organizations typically offer discounts for low income individuals and families. If you have a Montana food stamps card, then you may qualify for a discounted YMCA membership! Contact your local YMCA for details.
Get museum admission discounts with your Montana food stamps card!
Museums with green titles are Museums for All participants. These venues accept EBT cards from all 50 states, so you don’t have to be a Montana resident to get these great deals!
It is important to remember that you cannot pay for admission with your EBT card. You will show the EBT card to receive the discount but you will need to pay the remaining admission price, if any, in cash or with a credit/debit card.
Wise Wonders Children’s Museum – $3 per person
Wise Wonders is a new children’s museum in Billings that has a STEM focus. They provide countless interactive exhibits involving science, technology, engineering and math. From blocks to pulleys to patterns, children learn while they play here.
$10 family memberships are also available with showing your EBT card!
Bozeman Children’s Museum & STEAM Lab – FREE
Children of all ages can learn through play at Bozeman Children’s Museum and STEAM Lab! This exciting and inventive space features a toddler area, a high-tech learning lab, hands-on science displays, circuit studio, Explore Montana play space and a scientific “playground for the mind.” With an EBT card, your family can visit for free!
ExplorationWorks – $3 per person
A hands-on, STEM museum, this museum has recently reopened in a new, bigger facility, with exhibits that will excite teens and small children. Check out the new TechLab!
Missoula Insectarium – FREE
Explore the Missoula Insectarium’s 18 aquariums and terrariums full of live arthoropods, including butterflies and tarantulas! Docents, also known as bug ambassadors, can introduce you to 40 different species. Complete a scavenger hunt, hold some new creatures and watch a tarantula feeding FREE with your EBT card!
As of August 2019, their Front Street location is closed while they work to build a new, larger facility. Check out their online offerings!
Montana Natural History Center – FREE
Explore Missoula’s glacial lake, see life-sized dinosaur fossils, discover ecosystems and play in the kids’ discovery room at Montana Natural History Center! Your visit is FREE with an EBT card.
spectrUM Discovery Area – FREE
The spectrUM Discovery Area is a hands-on science center that provides hands-on STEM opportunities for children. Anyone under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.