Every year, Low Income Relief helps millions of low income Americans save money, get better jobs, go back to school, get free stuff and generally improve their lives.
- Advertisements -
What is Low Income Relief?
My name is Nicole Thelin, and I founded this website in 2013 to help low income people make the most of their limited budgets.
As a young mom and a full-time caregiver to my disabled husband, I had learned a lot about how to save money, get help and even make money from home. I had worked in journalism for years, so I decided to put those skills to work to help others who needed help.
It has been many years since then, and now this website serves millions of people every year with helpful information.
How can Low Income Relief help me?
We have found a lot of resources that can help you! For more information, take a look through the following lists of our most popular posts:
Get free stuff!!!
We love free stuff. Here are some of the best freebies that we’ve found:
- Sponsored Links -
- Got EBT? Get 450+ freebies and deals!
- Free birthday stuff: 100+ freebies and deals!
- Free books from Dolly Parton
- Free cars: How to win a free car (and a list of legit giveaways)
- Free cell phones & service
- Free certifications for your resume
- Free Christmas gifts
- Free coloring pages (they can reduce anxiety!)
- Free and cheap computers, tablets and laptops
- Free counseling and mental health resources
- Free dental care (you could get paid for wisdom tooth removal!)
- Free food holidays
- Free fruits and veggies from retailers and farmer’s markets!
- Free GED services
- Free gym passes
- Free home improvements and disability modifications
- Free kids meals at restaurants across the US
- Free legal services
- Free school supplies
- Free tax services (online and in person)
- Have a great time without spending any money!
Save money on bills!
Low income life often means skipping one bill so you can pay another. Juggling your budget like that is exhausting. Here are some easy ways to save money on your mandatory expenses.
One of the first things to try is Trim, an automatic negotiation robot that can help lower your bills automatically and effortlessly!
- Cell phones & service
- Cable / TV: Free and low cost streaming alternatives to cable TV!
- Groceries: How to save money on groceries
- Internet for $5/mo?!
- Legal costs
- Medical expenses
- Autism: 45+ freebies and deals for those with autism
- CPAP: How to get a free CPAP
- DME: How to get free medical equipment (wheelchairs, etc)
- Pet care: free pet food, veterinary care grants and more!
- Student loans:
With a little luck, maybe you can even start to save enough money for a vacation! If you do, be sure to check out this guide to saving serious cash at Disney!
Got benefits? Do you qualify? Read these!
There are so many benefit programs out there, but many people don’t understand just how helpful some of those programs can be. We’ve dug into the laws and regulations to help you make the most of all the benefits you receive.
- Cash Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Food benefits
- Food Stamps
- Housing benefits
Need some extra money?
If you need more money in your budget, these resources might help.
- Apps that can put money back in your pocket:
- Fundraising online
- Government refunds: The state may owe you money!
- Grant Programs
- Jobs: Here’s how to get a new (or better) one
- Work from Home Options
You may qualify for even more help!
- College students, you can’t afford to miss this!
- Military members and families, we’ve found lots of stuff for you!
- Parents, you can get help for your kids!
- Veterans, we’ve found lots of stuff for you!
Need a fresh start? Try these.
- Banks: 50+ second chance banks that won’t turn you down
- Budgets: Here’s how to make a budget.
- Credit reports and scores: Here’s how to get a free credit report – and here’s how to dispute and win.
- Debt: Here’s how to settle old debts – and be sure to watch out for these scams!
We’ve found even more free stuff in your state!
We’ve probably found even more freebies and deals in your state!
Please be aware that our state archives are organized with the newest posts first. This is done so that our returning readers can find the newest content faster. However, it also means that you may need to click through a few pages before you find our best content.
Just select your state from the alphabetical list below to find the freebies and deals in your area!
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington DC
- West Virginia